This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming LAPTOP recommendation please!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming LAPTOP recommendation please!

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#21
Demon_Acker posted...
My friend recommended me this
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-6814-17-3-Inch-Midnight/dp/B00D3F9HT4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375727424&sr=8-2&keywords=GeForce%20GT%20730M

Not sure how good it is for that price

730m is a multimedia card not a gaming level card. Keep that in mind,
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#22
TimePharaoh posted...
Voelger posted...
You can get an ok laptop for that, not a gaming laptop. And those who laugh at gaming laptops, i bet my laptop could run circles around most of your desktops

Irrelevant. You could have the strongest computer in existence, and it's a laptop, and it still wouldn't be a "gaming laptop".

Adding LED's=/=gaming

I don't know of too many laptops that have LED's with the exception of the monitor unless you are referring to backlit keyboards. If you buy a laptop and you mainly use it for gaming then it could be considered a "gaming laptop".

As for the OP, it'll be hard to get a laptop that can handle playing newer games at medium settings, which I consider decent settings, at the price you set for yourself. You are paying more for portability so unless you can up your price to about $1000 then don't really expect much in terms of gaming ability.
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor

User Info: ThePonyCollie

ThePonyCollie
3 years ago#23
Voelger posted...
Quote:Voelger posted...
You can get an ok laptop for that, not a gaming laptop. And those who laugh at gaming laptops, i bet my laptop could run circles around most of your desktops

Irrelevant. You could have the strongest computer in existence, and it's a laptop, and it still wouldn't be a "gaming laptop".

Adding LED's=/=gaming

@TimePharaoh

??

Don't mind him. TimePharaoh usually doesn't make sense.
Lord Erieos is definitely coming...

User Info: angry_cowtipper

angry_cowtipper
3 years ago#24
Personally, my Vaio has kept me happy. It can play Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect and other light games at 1080, and more resource intensive ones at 720. It wasn't $700, though... I think if you want a gaming laptop whose horsepower is enough to get anything done, you're going to have to save a lot more.
Saints Row IV, Risk of Rain (PC), Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation, Killzone Beta, Dragon's Crown (VITA)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming LAPTOP recommendation please!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived