This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free software to auto control fan speed for my desktop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Free software to auto control fan speed for my desktop?

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
4 years ago#11
download speedfan, also change fan controls to manual on the bios or it wont work
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#12
LusoryPrime posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
HaxnStash posted...
Thanks for the replies, I think I tried to connect the fans directly to the motherboard but I remember there not having enough room for 6 so I decided to just connect them directly to the psu. I also remember that the fan's cords were not long enough to connect them neatly. I'll check again and see if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure if you can do this but, you might be able to connect your fans together, then to the mobo fan controls.

I currently have all my fans strung together, and then connected to the GPU fan, so when the GPU fan speeds up, all my fans do. But I only have 3 case fans. (1 side, 2 rear)

You can definitely use Fan Y-splitters to do this. Naturally the connected fans will have the same power modulation applied to them (unless you use an in-line resistor on one and not the other) but that can be desirable in many cases like for dual/quad radiator fans or multiple intakes.

Heh splitters....
I just spliced the wires together into the GPU fan wires. Then duct taped them to the GPU cover.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Free software to auto control fan speed for my desktop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived