This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSU advice for build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSU advice for build

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
3 years ago#1
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1CkSr

I was asked about a computer recommendation for $1k, and this is what I put together. However, I'm not completely sure about the PSU. Should I go to a higher wattage one or would 500W be fine?
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#2
Are you ever going to CF/SLI? If your answer is maybe, then I would say don't bother. I should state that I'm also from the camp of one new and powerful GPU is better than 2 older GPUs. CF/SLI does have it's purpose though, but it looks like you'll be at 1080P/1440P tops.

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#3
Don't get the HAF 912. It doesn't even have USB 3.0. For it's price, you can get a better case.

500w should be fine for that build. You can get something like the Rosewill Hive 650w for just a little more if you want to leave to door open for CFX. Plus the Rosewill Hive is semi-modular.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#4
gastaman posted...
500w should be fine for that build. You can get something like the Rosewill Hive 650w for just a little more if you want to leave to door open for CFX. Plus the Rosewill Hive is semi-modular.

Exactly what I figured. Even plugging it into a calculator now that I'm on my PC (I made the original post on my phone), I was only getting it to ~410W draw. Not sure where the other people were getting 580W.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSU advice for build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived