This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...

User Info: machucogp

machucogp
4 years ago#41
AzurexNightmare posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Maximoom posted...
I dont know about others f2p games, but planetside 2 first install is something like 9-13GB, and the patches (monthly) are usually in the 400mbs and hotfixes in the 30mbs.

I've seen PS2 patches up to 4 GB. That's not par for the course, but it happens. If you're in the test server it's even worse. Walk away from that for a month and you're greeted with up to 8 GB of patches.

I never had to patch any ps2 game. probably because it wasn't possible.

lol Planetside 2 not Playstation 2
"Because it's whineFAQS home of the entitled wiener kids." - Malefaction

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
4 years ago#42
G1ANT_SQU1D posted...
5GB is about 5-10 minutes of downloading. thats about the same time as you could play with your dog, make a cup of tea, or give your mother a phonecall and tell her you love her

I wish.

That's a solid 5 hours or so for me.

Not everyone has internet that good available >_> I live in the 2nd or 3rd largest city in the state and the best I could get is like 20-25 mbps.

Edit: Yeah, 2nd largest city.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 years ago#43
The only F2P game I play is TF2 and the updates are usually a couple hundred MB only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
4 years ago#44
I was just looking at satellite internet options as I figured the people who pay a ton for really crappy internet should look into it.

http://www.bestsatelliteproviders.com/satellite-internet-providers/

Wow top 5 providers and max a 30gp cap??? Never knew satellite internet was totally worthless.
Combo Master

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 years ago#45
Combo Master posted...
I was just looking at satellite internet options as I figured the people who pay a ton for really crappy internet should look into it.

http://www.bestsatelliteproviders.com/satellite-internet-providers/

Wow top 5 providers and max a 30gp cap??? Never knew satellite internet was totally worthless.

Data limits on satellite aren't worth considering for gamers. The latency inherent with having to bounce a signal out to a satellite and then back down to the surface along with all the aerial interference possibilities up to and including solar flares/activity already render satellite a decidedly suboptimal internet choice for gamers.

If I lived in an area that didn't have cable or DSL service I'd pick dialup before satellite, though I'd prefer mobile broadband to dialup for obvious reasons.
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.

User Info: anonymous4ever

anonymous4ever
4 years ago#46
ITT: First world problems

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
4 years ago#47
anonymous4ever posted...

Just because somebody has it worse doesn't mean your problems don't matter.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 years ago#48
anonymous4ever posted...

ITP: Third world jealousy.
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to say, the one thing I REALLY hate about f2p games is...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived