This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

google chrome isn't working like it should. need help please.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. google chrome isn't working like it should. need help please.

User Info: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
4 years ago#1
i posted this on the support forum for google already, but here's what i wrote.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chrome/report-a-problem-and-get-troubleshooting-help/windows/g1hc7uv6-Vg

Chrome Version: I just redownloaded chrome today so its the most current. i dont know how to check.

Operating: System Windows 7

Extensions: none

Since about 2 to 3 days ago i haven't been able to download anything at all. any file, picture, movie, text or even a chrome extention which makes this even more strange. if i try to download anything. the bottomw icon of chrome starts to get that green download thing, but nothing is downloading. if i try to close chrome after i tried to download something. it says a file is being downloaded am i sure i want to close. even though there is nothing downloading. it wont even let me try to open chrome again until i kill the process after having tried to download something.

i already tried to restart my computer and reinstall chrome. any one know what more i can try?
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
4 years ago#2
bump.

or if any one knows another place i can ask this question. not being able to use chrome really hinders me.

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
4 years ago#3
Reset your browser settings and see if that works
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB

returnofbeans
4 years ago#4
reset and still the same.

returnofbeans
4 years ago#5
i just found something very very interesting. I opened up chrome and pasted a link to where i had an image i was gonna test download. since it was an immediate open, paste, go, download attempt. it actually started up the download. it was only a 500kb picture, but it froze at around 400. i tried doing it a little faster and it actually downloaded the 500kb picture.

is there a reason why if i let chrome on for over a minute my files dont download? heres another thing thats strange, i choose Browse in folder and it didn't work or so i thought. after about 5 mins my downloaded file popped up in the folder.

its not a problem with my laptop being slow. im running league of legends with everything on highest settings. i know its not a demanding game. also the problem is really recent.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. google chrome isn't working like it should. need help please.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived