The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 issue when restarting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 issue when restarting

User Info: BigBoss427

BigBoss427
3 years ago#1
I recently got a 24-month license for Windows 8 Pro through uni for free, so I said why not let's give it a try. Immediately I ran into problems, which I should have taken as a sign to stick with 7.

Basically, whenever my PC is restarted via software, it will freeze at the screen with the teal window and the spinning circles. For example, when I was installing updates, the PC is supposed to restart several times, and every single time it locks up. I only seem to be able to boot into windows when I actually shut down my PC completely, and then start it.

I've googled this issue and haven't really found any concrete answers. I tried disabling the fast boot up and that did not fix anything.

Anyone got any suggestions before I reinstall Windows 7? This is really annoying.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 issue when restarting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived