This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with this sub-$200 build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with this sub-$200 build
(message deleted)

User Info: EStar999

EStar999
4 years ago#12
Why not buy a 1st gen Nexus 7 instead?

User Info: VennDiagram

VennDiagram
4 years ago#13
Reaper, I'm already going for a less-than-$200 build—how "cheap" do you think I wouldn't go? Lol. Besides, I already said I'd get four.

And, ah, alright, then, Jal. Thanks for finding what I overlooked.

User Info: Reaper_Minion

Reaper_Minion
4 years ago#14
VennDiagram posted...
Reaper, I'm already going for a less-than-$200 build—how "cheap" do you think I wouldn't go? Lol. Besides, I already said I'd get four.

And, ah, alright, then, Jal. Thanks for finding what I overlooked.

There's an extent to how cheap you can go. I have a laptop with 3GB and it's a pain in the ass to use. I can't imagine how bad 2GB would be in this day and age.

And yes, you said you'd get 4GB, but I had to emphasize the importance.
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY

User Info: galfasanta1111

galfasanta1111
4 years ago#15
Could you not just save up an extra $50-$100 to get a computer which is a bit better?

I'd take you a lot less than a year to save up an extra $50-$100.
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
4 years ago#16
why not get a sub-$200 netbook or chromebook? for around the same price you'll be able to do everything you want with it, but with added portability

User Info: VennDiagram

VennDiagram
4 years ago#17
A tablet, EStar? Well, there are already three tablets in my household, and they don't particularly suit my needs, so I'd like to stray away from them.

1111, it's not that I can't save up money to get better parts, but that I need to keep saving each dollar I earn for my tour fees (no job, either)...but I need to at least get my school work done, and I'm willing to spend practically the bare minimum on a computer.

GTL, thanks for the suggestion. My parents are already purchasing a laptop for me to use for college, but again, it will be a while until that actually happens. Regardless, my preference lies with desktops, which is why I want to put a cheap build together.

User Info: ymmac1707

ymmac1707
4 years ago#18
I think the build is awesome, it just goes to show any can afford a computer..Nicely done

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
4 years ago#19
For your needs, it is perfectly suitable.

User Info: Wygun

Wygun
4 years ago#20
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-f2a55mlkplus

This mobo is 7$ cheaper and asus.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with this sub-$200 build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived