This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrade or Laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade or Laptop?

User Info: MissHedgehog

MissHedgehog
3 years ago#1
Hi everyone :)
My boyfriend recently got a new computer, so now I have his old desktop. It's about 3 years old, but I can still play all games on it. (Some graphically demanding ones have to be on low, though.) Before this, I had a pretty nice HP laptop for 3,5 years, and now it's quite dead.

For my birthday (which is still a few months away, but still) I'll have around 800 euros at my disposal. I now have two options:

1. Get a new desktop, because the one that I have is quite old. I put this together:
http://imgur.com/8KnP4N4
(I'd reuse the graphics card and the harddrive from this desktop, most games I play are heavier on CPU anyway.)

2. Get a decent laptop, because the desktop serves its (gaming) purpose just fine. (You can imagine that any kind of desktop would be a huge improvement from a laptop.)

Things I'd have to consider are moving to another country within the next 2 years, most likely. I have a tiny netbook but it's quite slow, so for actual studying purposes a laptop might be nice too. However, I am not very knowledgeable on laptops at all. I only know I'd like it to be as thin as possible, run cool and be 15/16". Or I could just save all the money and stick with what I have, and decide later.

Any thoughts? :) Much appreciated!
3DS FC 5043-2061-7637

User Info: Captain_Drek

Captain_Drek
3 years ago#2
It depends on how much you game. Based on what you said in the OP I suggest getting a laptop as it looks like it would benefit you more at the time.
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade or Laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived