This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dumb question about Steam and Gog

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dumb question about Steam and Gog

User Info: Cesare_Borgia

Cesare_Borgia
3 years ago#11
I haven't actually tried it yet, but I was looking at the files and found this in the "bin" folder: http://i.imgur.com/1d84UJg.png

So I guess I can get my hopes up a little

Cesare_Borgia
3 years ago#12
Well I started the download, but I can't find/don't know where to dump the existing stuff into (I'm assuming I should be looking for a Witcher 2 folder somewhere in Steam > steamapps > common). Also, when I back out to Steam > steamapps > downloading, I see the three folders I had copied are already there with everything in them, which would have been at least 90% of the game data, but the download is still at like 1%, so I don't really know what to make of any of this, but it looks like something like this won't be so simple.

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#13
All of it is in downloading, so it won't appear in common. Go to steam>steamapps>common and then copy/paste your Witcher 2 files in there. Make sure it's in a folder named "The Witcher 2" without the quotations. Then verify through Steam.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

Cesare_Borgia
3 years ago#14
Alright, after several attempts I think I can confirm that this doesn't work. I copied the files, but the only thing I could verify (again, I'm assuming you meant to go to "Properties" and click on "Verify Integrity of game cache") was the ~500MB I had downloaded. Steam wouldn't recognize the existing files no matter where they were or what folder they were in.

It was a fun experiment though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dumb question about Steam and Gog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived