This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After a long 2-month stint with dial-up....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. After a long 2-month stint with dial-up....

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#11
guy could live in namibia for all you know
^ this

User Info: Jason_25

Jason_25
3 years ago#12
Gamefaqs is itself a remnant of the dialup days. One thing that keeps me here. Many modern webpages load over 1MB of data per refresh though.

User Info: donbrifway

donbrifway
3 years ago#13
LordSeifer posted...
guy could live in namibia for all you know

that scares me
Steam: donbrifway
Origin: donbr1fway

User Info: thrashmetal59

thrashmetal59
3 years ago#14
Haha, I don't live in namibia. Just a remote part of Montana where this 1.5 mbps connection is the only option available through the only ISP that supplies service in my area.

I know $45 is a ripoff, but its not as bad as 90$. Mind you, the $45 a month also has my landline included. So its more like, $15 for the phone and $30 for the internet.
i5 3570K:: XFX Radeon 5770 1gb:: 8gb DDR3 G.Skill Sniper Series:: x2 300gb HDD:: Antec 430w EarthWatts:: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4:: HAF 912::

User Info: donbrifway

donbrifway
3 years ago#15
thrashmetal59 posted...
Haha, I don't live in namibia. Just a remote part of Montana where this 1.5 mbps connection is the only option available through the only ISP that supplies service in my area.

I know $45 is a ripoff, but its not as bad as 90$. Mind you, the $45 a month also has my landline included. So its more like, $15 for the phone and $30 for the internet.

o that's not that bad.
Steam: donbrifway
Origin: donbr1fway

User Info: klaxender

klaxender
3 years ago#16
Im paying $42 a month for a 1mb service. I was paying $75 for 10mb with landline included but had to cut costs so dropped the landline and dropped the speed down to the basic.

There are no other options where I live so I,just have to deal with it for a while.
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. After a long 2-month stint with dial-up....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived