This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking to buy a new HDTV possibly for PC Gaming but mostly TV/Consoles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking to buy a new HDTV possibly for PC Gaming but mostly TV/Consoles

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 years ago#11
You'd be crazy to switch sets without knowing the model number of what you have and the number of what you're getting. You could be getting a crummier TV and you'd only realize after you get it home and it's no longer under bright store lights and in torch mode and vivid picture.

Well, I guess most people buy TVs without knowing the model numbers. But still.

User Info: SpacedDuck

SpacedDuck
3 years ago#12
No before I made the actual purchase I'd take the old one down and compare.

This topic was more to see if there was even a difference in quality within the last 3 years.

Sometimes technology stalls for a few years where nothing new really happens.

Sounds like with plasmas that's where we're at and I'd never go LCD or LED.

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 years ago#13
Yeah, I would mostly only buy a plasma as well, unless I saw a killer deal on those Sharp Elites which use full array / locally-dimmed LED lighting and are apparently as good as or possibly better than the old Pioneer Elites (hence the name I guess). Considering their launch price was like $5,000 or something though, I'd probably end up with a new plasma if I were buying today. No sense paying 5x the price for like 5% better quality.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking to buy a new HDTV possibly for PC Gaming but mostly TV/Consoles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived