This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Open world games that I might have missed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Open world games that I might have missed?

User Info: dontcallmeal

dontcallmeal
3 years ago#1
Just got a gaming PC yesterday. So excited. Man,I've been missing out.

I cancelled my PS4 preorder and put the money towards Steam cards.

I love open world games. So I'm downloading all the classics like Fallout 3 and Oblivion and such.

But what are some lesser known open world RPGs?

Thanks. Also, graphics do seem a little dark. I'm using an HDMI cable to my TV. Dunno if that's the issue.

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#2
If you're still looking for classics then Mafia is a good choice too.

Other than that I recommend Far Cry 3 even though it's not really an RPG.
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#3
Total Overdose is on sale at Gog.com (Not really much like the games you posted but a pretty fun open world none the less :p)

User Info: guinness4life

guinness4life
3 years ago#4
Mafia series, Gothic series, Risen series, Sacred series, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Deus Ex series, Arcanum, NWN series, Morrowind
i5 3570|MSI Twin Frozr III 7950|24gb RAM|Intel 335 240 SSD|3TB SG Barracuda|Rosewill Capstone 750w|Cougar Challenger Case*Acer 1830T 11.6*8GB RAM*256 Ssung 840

User Info: scottycerm

scottycerm
3 years ago#5
Just Cause 2 goes on sale on Steam all the time, I personally couldn't get into it, but a lot of people swear by it. For $3.74, you might as well swipe it when it goes on sale.
Genesis does what Nintendon't.

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#6
Seconding Just Cause 2. Absolutely a fantastic game. The first hour or so where they make you do missions is boring, but once you're past that, it's loads of fun.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#7
Sleeping Dogs.

Original 2 GTAs are free, legit. Go to wikipedia.
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013

User Info: Ravenoussd

Ravenoussd
3 years ago#8
mount and blade

it is a unique game
you gotta look past the graphics however
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
3 years ago#9
Divinity 2?
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: Maiken100

Maiken100
3 years ago#10
Kingdom of Amalur may be the only one you've missed, and you're not missing much tbh.
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Open world games that I might have missed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived