This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Errr, I've just been banned for 52 weeks from Steam Community?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Errr, I've just been banned for 52 weeks from Steam Community?

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#71
DreamGoddess1 posted...
It takes an incredible lack of knowledge on the subject to claim that pot causes cancer or kills people. Science has already cleared this up. Pot is actually good at fighting cancer. It is about as harmless as bread. Both nicotine and alcohol are at least a thousand times worse each.

As for me, I have extreme anxiety sometimes and it can relax me, which I need because of my heart condition. I'm looking forward to the shops opening up in a couple months or so.

If you smoke bread it's a lot worse for you.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: DreamGoddess1

DreamGoddess1
4 years ago#72
Ch3wy posted...
DreamGoddess1 posted...
It takes an incredible lack of knowledge on the subject to claim that pot causes cancer or kills people. Science has already cleared this up. Pot is actually good at fighting cancer. It is about as harmless as bread. Both nicotine and alcohol are at least a thousand times worse each.

As for me, I have extreme anxiety sometimes and it can relax me, which I need because of my heart condition. I'm looking forward to the shops opening up in a couple months or so.

ROTFLMAO

You almost made me spit up soda through the nose!
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

User Info: UberLurker

UberLurker
4 years ago#73
Ch3wy posted...

Back in my college days I had two Deadhead-type guys living next door to me in the dorms. One day they were out of their usual herbal refreshment and had a mean jones, so what did they end up doing?

They smoked Sun Chips... garden vegetable flavor IIRC.

True story!

User Info: matu90rk

matu90rk
4 years ago#74
DreamGoddess1 posted...

The whole pot vs tobacco thing was made taking into consideration people that smoke one joint a week. For people who smoke 1 or 2 per day, the results were different but there wasn't enough people out of the 5000 who participated in the trial that met the criteria to establish reliable numbers.

About the "pot cures cancer" thing, the only clinical trial on the subject was made by injecting mice with human cancer cells and giving them a dose of THC.

Inhaling any kind of smoke is bad for your lungs and will probably lead to cancer and other diseases. I won't judge you if you wanna get high just to relax or feel better, but saying it's beneficial for your health is just insane.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
4 years ago#75
Spoilers: They wouldn't ban someone for a year and leave the offense up. If it were the comment or the name it would have been deleted.
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
4 years ago#76
If marijuana is illegal, then alchohol should be illegal too. Same damn thing and if anything alcohol is worse.

I don't really care either way mind you, just saying. Marijuana is deemed as some sort of "devil" thing because it's smoked and has a certain stigma attached to it, where as alcohol is basically glorified due to how engrained it's become in our society.

And before anyone flips out on me, I don't consume either of them, ever. I don't really care whether they're legal or illegal, I'm just saying that if one is illegal/legal, then they both should be.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
4 years ago#77
GoIrish80 posted...
I don't really care either way mind you, just saying. Marijuana is deemed as some sort of "devil" thing because it's smoked and has a certain stigma attached to it, where as alcohol is basically glorified due to how engrained it's become in our society.

If marijuana was more popular as a drink the stigma would be gone.

I think it's the fact that it looks less "packaged" and more "home made" look that makes a drug like it's bad.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#78
The entire negative stigma is derived from anti-Mexican propaganda. "Marijuana" isn't exactly an English term, everyone would be calling it cannabis if it weren't for the smear campaign.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: rareware101

rareware101
4 years ago#79
matu90rk posted...
DreamGoddess1 posted...

The whole pot vs tobacco thing was made taking into consideration people that smoke one joint a week. For people who smoke 1 or 2 per day, the results were different but there wasn't enough people out of the 5000 who participated in the trial that met the criteria to establish reliable numbers.

About the "pot cures cancer" thing, the only clinical trial on the subject was made by injecting mice with human cancer cells and giving them a dose of THC.

Inhaling any kind of smoke is bad for your lungs and will probably lead to cancer and other diseases. I won't judge you if you wanna get high just to relax or feel better, but saying it's beneficial for your health is just insane.

This and I've smoked it for 18 years. It's massively less damaging than propaganda would have you believe but to say it's entirely harmless is, frankly, stupid. And I absolutely despair at smokers using the cancer argument as there's practically no clinical evidence to support it.
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser

User Info: DreamGoddess1

DreamGoddess1
4 years ago#80
matu90rk posted...

I didn't say it cures cancer. I said it helps fight cancer, and it does.

Your entire post, beginning to end, was 100% incorrect. Either incorrect, or filled front to back with lies/propaganda. Not sure which.

Pot does not and can not cause cancer, nor does it kill anyone. That is scientific fact. I'll back science over conservative "War on Drugs" propaganda any day of the week.
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Errr, I've just been banned for 52 weeks from Steam Community?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived