This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

La Mulana on sale for $3.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. La Mulana on sale for $3.

User Info: uncle_Descartes

uncle_Descartes
4 years ago#1
I heard about this game on another forum, decided to buy it because they said it was a "Metroidvania". So far I'm only in the first dungeon but it seems pretty good. Just a few notes though before you buy:

- the graphics are of course, "retro". Looks MSX-tier but with some nifty effects here and there, like shadows and characters passing in front of each other.
- don't expect much hand-holding. Though compared to actual games from the era it visually represents, it's very hand-holdey.
- there's no autosaving. The game isn't "hard" per se, but it is one of those titles where you can spend an hour exploring and end up dying + having to restart. Beware!

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
4 years ago#2
People who calls things "Metroidvania" are stupid. That term was describing a CASTLEVANIA game that played like Metroid. So are you saying this game plays like Castlevania playing like Metroid?

Instead of just being, you know, like Metroid?
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

uncle_Descartes
4 years ago#3
Go away Teenage Neet or whatever alt you are.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
4 years ago#4
Where is this sale? ;_;
Are we not men?

User Info: AlexTheNextOne

AlexTheNextOne
4 years ago#5
snesmaster40 posted...
Where is this sale?
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
4 years ago#6
Steam. Where else? The only place I buy, unless it comes with a Steam key from elsewhere.

No Steam, no buy.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
4 years ago#7
Slayn posted...
Steam. Where else? The only place I buy, unless it comes with a Steam key from elsewhere.

No Steam, no buy.

Oh it is on sale on Steam. Strange as it doesn't appear on the specials list:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1#sort_by=&sort_order=ASC&specials=1&page=1
Are we not men?
Been waiting for a sale on this one. Thanks.
why wasn't SOPA passed?
i wish it had so that this board wouldn't exist - PrinceOfFallout

uncle_Descartes
4 years ago#9
I figure Steam is the "default" place to look for game releases, sales, etc... typically people will only point out the seller when it's NOT Steam.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
4 years ago#10
Just want to bump this topic because the game is INCREDIBLY good. Honestly it's a shame the game isn't talked about more often. This is what I would call a hidden gem, since I rarely hear anyone mention it.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. La Mulana on sale for $3.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived