This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else here miss the days when you have a game disc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone else here miss the days when you have a game disc?

User Info: eddy1nsane

eddy1nsane
3 years ago#31
Game disk? I still have a floppy from my first game. I actually horde a lot of games back then. now with less space, I was forced to back-up all my games to HD.
God created the world, everything else are made in China

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#32
Back when digital games were still full price, I still preferred them over having to install with a CD, sometimes even requiring a CD in the tray to play the game. I used to take some games I played enough and made a virtual drive with the .ISO, or just got a no cd key, like in Neverwinter Nights. Do not miss the disc format. Also I would have no room if I had all those games I now have in physical form.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
3 years ago#33
pfantzypantz posted...
Digital Storm posted...
No.
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
3 years ago#34
Don't miss having my optical drive whirr every time I wanted to play a game.

Or having to swap out disks because there weren't (m)any freeware, ISO mounting tools available.

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#35
spookyxelectric posted...
Benefit of digital games: awesome sales on Steam, GOG and GMG. Benefit of physical copies: less downloading, so less waiting to play your games.

Unless you buy them in a physical store, waiting for the game to ship defeats the wait of long downloads, though :<

I'm in the minority in that I like to have the disc whenever possible. I scour eBay and Amazon for deals on lots for older games I want to play. But I prefer those standard sized cases as with console games. Those bulky PC game cases are pointless without a big manual or several disks.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 years ago#36
Big nope. I play like 8-10 games simultaneously and would probably be discouraged to do that if I needed the disc (no-cd cracks aside). If I'm traveling, I'm not gonna bring 8 discs with me. ---- that.
FC= 3265-4867-8550

User Info: El_Kaz

El_Kaz
3 years ago#37
Last year, when I installed my new SSD, I disconnected my optical drive to re-arrange the wires, and forgot to reconnect it before closing up.
I only noticed ~4 months later, and not even because I tried using it, but because I opened my case to dust it off and noticed a loose wire.
So no...
Wait... what?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#38
I miss some things about that time, but I actually prefer digital download now. I just don't enjoy all the fun new types of DRM they keep pushing these days.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: greenyoshi46

greenyoshi46
3 years ago#39
I only buy games on disc
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 years ago#40
Nope, not at all.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone else here miss the days when you have a game disc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived