This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long did it take you to assemble your very first PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long did it take you to assemble your very first PC?

User Info: XgArrancar

XgArrancar
3 years ago#1
Just curious as to what the overall average was for everybody else.
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

User Info: uncle_Descartes

uncle_Descartes
3 years ago#2
About 7 hours. Started 3 PM, did the test build then went out for dinner... came back a few hours and put everything in the case, and by 1 AM I was installing W7.

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#3
Took me like 8 hours but that's because i was so scared I was doing something wrong.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#4
Took me a couple of days because I started building as the parts were coming in.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

User Info: KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall
3 years ago#5
About 2 hours to assemble and maybe another 2-3 hours to get the OS up and running and tweaked the way I needed it with all the drivers and so forth.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750

User Info: Delta_F14

Delta_F14
3 years ago#6
About 8 hours, including downloading and installing the OS.
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters

User Info: greenyoshi46

greenyoshi46
3 years ago#7
a couple of hours
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
3 years ago#8
Built my first in about 4 or 5 hours, 10 years ago.

Last build took under 2 hours. Stress testing with Prime95, Memtest, Furmark etc and migrating files and programs can take a day or two.

User Info: Thescyy

Thescyy
3 years ago#9
Had to have been a few hours at least. Don't really remember anymore though.
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#10
How in hell do people take more than 2 hours? Unless you guys mean installing windows, downloading updates, installing drivers etc... aswell.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long did it take you to assemble your very first PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived