This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nvidia users: new 327.23 WHQL driver is out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nvidia users: new 327.23 WHQL driver is out.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 years ago#51
vikithewaffu posted...
JKatarn posted...
Boge posted...
JKatarn posted...
How is it stability-wise? I've heard nothing but horror stories about the last few official driver releases, did they fix the (supposed) blue-screen/graphical corruption issues?

*edit* - reading the comments it looks like the driver still isn't quite "cooked", I guess I'm going to stick to 314.22 for now - a few FPS here and there isn't worth a stability nightmare.

Ha ha ha! And here everyone complained about AMD drivers and praised Nvidia drivers.

I'm still on 314.22 as well. I haven't heard anything good about Nvidia drivers since.

There's also the problem of distinguishing genuine issues with a driver from people who are running 200 processes/have overheating/overvolting issues etc. that are exacerbated from new driver releases putting more strain on their systems. Still, I'm playing it safe for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of those issues are due to user error.

I haven't changed voltages for my graphics card or done any overclocking that the factory that made card has not done already. I don't run lots of processes or even play gpu intensive games.
I don't even overclock my cpu and left it at default.

I'm sure you haven't, I'm just saying that it can be difficult sometime for them to discern genuine issues with a driver vs. system, software, or configuration issues on the user's end.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nvidia users: new 327.23 WHQL driver is out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived