This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Takedown is garbage, are there any other tactical shooters that I can lan with?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Takedown is garbage, are there any other tactical shooters that I can lan with?

User Info: TheBlueDeath

TheBlueDeath
4 years ago#1
Takedown red saber was bad, really bad.

I wanted a tactical shooter without going all the way back to the original rogue spear for a great one. The rainbow six games are out as I had them on ps3 alread.
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: slayer6488

slayer6488
4 years ago#2
I was interested in it is it Bad because of a buggy launch or bad gameplay wise? Mind elaborating on what you didn't like about it. Not really the same style as r6 or takedown but I'm really enjoying arma 3 if your rig can run it well enough
Socom 2 killed my g.p.a....
I52500k|2x evga gtx 560ti 448core|8gb gskill ripjawX|CM hyper212 evo|Haf 922|Seagate barracuda 500gb|corsair tx750watt|win7 64bit

TheBlueDeath
4 years ago#3
slayer6488 posted...
I was interested in it is it Bad because of a buggy launch or bad gameplay wise? Mind elaborating on what you didn't like about it. Not really the same style as r6 or takedown but I'm really enjoying arma 3 if your rig can run it well enough

My friends definitely cannot run Arma 3.

It is a barebones launch with very little polish. VERY buggy. Like a few game breaking bugs, being unable to reload/drop weapon, things of that nature.

AI ranges from marksman in nano-seconds to completely stupid...it's really a mess.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: Crimson_Jesus

Crimson_Jesus
4 years ago#4
I think SWAT 4 has LAN. Hidden and Dangerous 2 is pretty great. The ARMA games are super-sim if you're into that.
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg

TheBlueDeath
4 years ago#5
SWAT 4 looks great. Thank you very much. Where would be the best site to buy it?

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
4 years ago#6
Tactical first person shooters is a very dead genre as of now, sad to say. The only one of such ever released this gen is the one you mentioned, Takedown. Only other few good ones I can think of from before are Ghost Recon, R6 Raven Shield and best one yet, SWAT 4.

User Info: Crimson_Jesus

Crimson_Jesus
4 years ago#7
As far as I know, due to some publisher issues SWAT 4 is only available physically:

http://www.amazon.com/SWAT-4-Gold-Pc/dp/B000EDVRUA
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
4 years ago#8
I third (or fourth?) SWAT4. Some of the most fun LAN co-op I've had.

User Info: someguyshand

someguyshand
4 years ago#9
Hearing about Takedown's launch issues makes me sad.

We really need more games like this.
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif

TheBlueDeath
4 years ago#10
someguyshand posted...
Hearing about Takedown's launch issues makes me sad.

We really need more games like this.

We really did. I wanted a nice next gen tactical shooter.

We've seen nothing like it yet. It's either horribly mislabeled or a damned alpha trying to pose as a finished product.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Takedown is garbage, are there any other tactical shooters that I can lan with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived