This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What can my laptop run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What can my laptop run?

User Info: king_reggie_28

king_reggie_28
3 years ago#1
I just got a new laptop, and I'm thinking of buying a few games on Steam, but I don't want to waste money on games that run like s*** on my system. My specs are:

Toshiba Satillite C855D
AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30 Ghz
4.00 GB (3.59 GB useable)
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processer

I get that this by no stretch of the imagination is a gaming laptop, but I want a general idea of what I can run. The games I'm thinking of getting are Fallout 3, Amnesia: the Dark Descent, Dishonored, and Garry's Mod.
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
3 years ago#2
You can play Fallout,Amnesia and Garry's Mod on medium,but i don't think you can play Dishononed.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#3
A Radeon HD what? That's far too vague.
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
3 years ago#4
He probably has HD6300m or something like that.

Anyway,TC Amnesia and Fallout 3 have demos,try them first.

User Info: Wygun

Wygun
3 years ago#5
LiquidDee posted...
You can play Fallout,Amnesia and Garry's Mod on medium,but i don't think you can play Dishononed.

Its the E series apu not the A one. Even morrowind at min settings doesnt run at a constant 30 fps on my e-1200. The only post 2002 games that i know run at playable rates are Spore (lol) and Mount and blade (with battlesize at 30). Even a 2d game like The cave crawls.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#6
Garry's Mod may play OK if you turn all the settings down.
I don't have much faith that Fallout 3 and Amnesia would run well. Dishonored will run like crap.
You can always play Fallout 1 and 2 though. They're better games anyway.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
(message deleted)

User Info: thebladeofwoe

thebladeofwoe
3 years ago#8
I want to know how much you paid for it. As I had one almost same spec (mine was @1.6 with HD 6470M)

I paid 430 nesrly two years ago. Piece of S***. Hopefully you didn't pay much.
I ran World of warcraft on low settjngs all the way to the latest Xpac. With decent frames never raided.
Counter strike GO on low settings with low fps though.
Fallout 3 and oblivion and skyrim with all settings on low with 30-40 (+) fps.

And others. Surprisingly good for how weak it was. But my new one kicks ass (in sig) play bloplp2 on medium-high with high fps. And among other games. Most new ones too! All at medium t high settings. Good laptop for price. (499)
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.

User Info: king_reggie_28

king_reggie_28
3 years ago#9
I got it on sale for about $300, but I think the normal price was closer to $400. I honestly don't expect it to be able to play much, but it would be nice if it could.
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#10
It can probably play minesweeper.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What can my laptop run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived