This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SteamOS poll

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SteamOS poll

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#1
SteamOS - Results (456 votes)
Yay
32.89% (150 votes)
Nay
24.56% (112 votes)
Don't know yet
39.91% (182 votes)
Never heard of it
2.63% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#2
Just really not seeing why I would want to bother with such a thing.

User Info: Bikes-

Bikes-
3 years ago#3
It really comes down to compatibility IMO. I would love to ditch microsoft because they seem to be a quickly sinking ship, but if it only plays 1% of my games then meh.
FC: 2921-9087-2265

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#4
Only advantage is it's free and it's possible some support will end up back in Linux distros
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#5
Bikes- posted...
It really comes down to compatibility IMO. I would love to ditch microsoft because they seem to be a quickly sinking ship, but if it only plays 1% of my games then meh.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#6
I am going to install it just to try some of my games on my old system and benchmark them.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#7
Nay.

An advantage of PC gaming is that you can also do other stuff with you gaming machine.

This seems like it would take away that advantage and move towards needing a separate gaming computer on top of my normal computer.

Not to mention Valve is making the thing so it's going to be a total disaster. It took them how long to make steam not terrible? And it's still got some.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
3 years ago#8
You guys aren't quite getting at what this is, why are you even considering "ditching" windows for this? Its a streaming OS designed to sync up your steam library with your "living room device", its probably like the pc streaming on the nvidia shield.
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#9
CommunismFTW posted...
You guys aren't quite getting at what this is, why are you even considering "ditching" windows for this? Its a streaming OS designed to sync up your steam library with your "living room device", its probably like the pc streaming on the nvidia shield.

It's not just a streaming OS, that's just one of its features. It's meant to run games natively on it.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: uncle_Descartes

uncle_Descartes
3 years ago#10
Can't wait for those upcoming "AAA" games running natively on SteamOS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

I mean, how could any big publisher afford to miss out on that 1% market share?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SteamOS poll

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived