This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well does your 670 perform?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well does your 670 perform?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 years ago#1
Thinking of purchasing an evga 4gb 670 and was wondering how it performs. One of the reasons I'm buying it is for modded Skyrim, if I use a 670 will there be a slight microstutter when loading a cell, enemies or whatever else? The other reason is because its vsync actually works.
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria

User Info: Grimlink132

Grimlink132
3 years ago#2
my skyrim with a bunch of mods looks and runs great with a slightly overclocked gigabyte 670. the card is overall great and given me 0 problems. Performance is great too, maxes most games

User Info: turbovirgin

turbovirgin
3 years ago#3
I'm pretty happy with mine but you could get 4gb 760 or 3gb 7950 for cheaper. The 670 is only a tiny bit better than either of those but costs a lot more.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#4
Get a 760 or 770, you'll get better performance.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#5
I have 2 of them at the moment. Galaxy GTX 670 4gb's and before i had the second card i ran over 150 mods and was still able to maintain 60 fps. Of course some of the more taxing mods are going to bring performance down somewhat but i don't use anything like that except higher resolution textures and some lighting mods.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#6
You already have a 7950, don't you TC? It would be a pretty poor trade, financially speaking.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#7
datopgamer posted...
Get a 760 or 770, you'll get better performance.

A 670 is physically superior to a 760, a specific OCd 760 might ship faster than a stock 670 but unless you get the worst 670 ever it's going to overclock better. A 760 is literally a 660ti.

A 770 would be a better card obviously and I've seen them at about the same price as I paid for mine, but I've also seen 670s as cheap as $280. You'd be better off with a 2gb 770 than a 4gb 670 though and I imagine those costing about the same.

If you already have a 7950 though it's not really all that much of an upgrade if at all. The biggest upgrade would be another 7950, though you mentioned stutter during loads as being a problem so multi-gpu probably isn't for you whether it's from AMD or nvidia.

As for the card itself, I haven't cared to play anything it won't max at at least a fairly stable if not rock solid 60 fps maxed with a touch of AA. The only times I've consistently noticed it going below 60 have been CPU bottlenecks (My main FTB world was running at about 50 fps until I OCd) and HDD bottlenecks like Bioshock Infinite. I mostly play console ports however, and not games like Crysis or Metro where PC was the lead platform.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

Terantatek
3 years ago#8
aak57 posted...
You already have a 7950, don't you TC? It would be a pretty poor trade, financially speaking.

Ive got the cash and my RMA time is up. My 7950 gets bad microstutter on skyrim and I want to play it modded without it skipping a frame when loading stuff.

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#9
What do you mean your RMA time is up?
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

Terantatek
3 years ago#10
aak57 posted...
What do you mean your RMA time is up?

It says only a 30 day return policy. I've had it for a year.

I just wanna make sure that if I do buy a 670, is if it'll be a good card aswell as never frame skipping in skyrim. I hate when you'll be running around, it'll load a nearby dungeon or a group of wolves and the game pushes you forward a step and drops a couple frames.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well does your 670 perform?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived