This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a Gigabyte GTX 770 4g overclock

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought a Gigabyte GTX 770 4g overclock

User Info: I_see_a_ninja

I_see_a_ninja
3 years ago#1
So aside from the fact that I'm a completely noob at this computer building thing, I'm having buyer's regret right now. I was torn in between the 770 4g or the 780, ultimately in the end I chose the 770 4g. Can you guys shed some light on the video card I bought?

Bought with intentions to mod the crap out of skyrim (2k, 4k, enbs, etc), video editing, school)

Specs:

I7 4770k
16 g sniper ram
650 seasonic PSU
GTX 770 4g overclocked
asus z87 pro 1150
Samsung 128g ssd
Seagate 1t 7200 rpm
hyper 212 evo

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#2
You really should have bought a 7970.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

I_see_a_ninja
3 years ago#3
PathlessBullet posted...

That was on my list too but, there were far too many negative reviews about overheating and such with Radeon so I dropped it.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
I_see_a_ninja posted...
That was on my list too but, there were far too many negative reviews about overheating and such with Radeon so I dropped it.

There are no overheating issues with Radeon. If a specific card from a specific manufacturer has overheating issues, that's another matter.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Logical_One

Logical_One
3 years ago#5
I_see_a_ninja posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

Don't listen to him--the 7970 and GTX 770 are pretty much equal.
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3

User Info: The_Count_Foo

The_Count_Foo
3 years ago#6
I'm still using a 1gb 560ti if it makes you feel better.
Divided by night...

I_see_a_ninja
3 years ago#7
The_Count_Foo posted...
I'm still using a 1gb 560ti if it makes you feel better.

That'll probably be me in the next 7 years where everyone is on 10xxx series and I'm still on the 7xx series!

I_see_a_ninja
3 years ago#8
Shub posted...
I_see_a_ninja posted...

There are no overheating issues with Radeon. If a specific card from a specific manufacturer has overheating issues, that's another matter.

Aside from all that, I have a MacBook Pro with a Radeon 6450 in there. I swore up and down after buying the darn thing and couldn't really play games on it due to it's GPU. I haven't been a fan with Radeon or Apple since.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#9
you'll be glad for that extra VRAM down the road. Bioshock Infinite already uses more than 2GB
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#10
I_see_a_ninja posted...
Shub posted...
I_see_a_ninja posted...

Aside from all that, I have a MacBook Pro with a Radeon 6450 in there. I swore up and down after buying the darn thing and couldn't really play games on it due to it's GPU. I haven't been a fan with Radeon or Apple since.

So you bought an extremely low-end card and were disappointed by its performance? Doesn't that seem a little stupid to you?
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought a Gigabyte GTX 770 4g overclock

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived