The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can this power a gtx770?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can this power a gtx770?

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#11
aak57 posted...
I dunno how much physx matters to you, but you could always get a 7970 instead since they have 3GB of VRAM and can be had around $300.

I looked into that as well, (not trying to start a war) but the last AMD card I have (4850) seemed to have driver issues. It would randomly just drop video signal to a black screen for a few seconds and pick back up periodically. After a while they released a driver that seemed to fix it but I am still kind of leery of that.

I also really enjoy the physx effects on several games.
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#12
Shub posted...
4 GB would last you longer basically. Some games are already starting to use more than 2 GB, but they are few currently.

Would you personally go with the 4gb Gigabyte windforce, or this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130945

I'm sure both are great, but some companies are better than others if there is a problem.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#13
I've used Gigabyte cards for years and never had a problem but EVGA is also a good company. It boils down to customer service and I guess EVGA has a better reputation on that side of things.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#14
If you plan to run two of the cards in SLI some time down the road you'd want to get the 4 gig version.

Long story short if you have 2 cards each with 2gigs of ram your computer will only use 2gigs of ram and a pair of 770s in SLI should be powerful enough to last to a point where 2gigs of ram just isn't enough.
Both cards need to be 4gig cards to use 4gigs of ram.
If you mix a 4gig version and a 2gig version your computer will run as if there were only 2gigs of ram.

Unless I googled wrong, it does seem your motherboard supports SLI and Crossfire.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#15
Snadados posted...
If you plan to run two of the cards in SLI some time down the road you'd want to get the 4 gig version.

Long story short if you have 2 cards each with 2gigs of ram your computer will only use 2gigs of ram and a pair of 770s in SLI should be powerful enough to last to a point where 2gigs of ram just isn't enough.
Both cards need to be 4gig cards to use 4gigs of ram.
If you mix a 4gig version and a 2gig version your computer will run as if there were only 2gigs of ram.

Unless I googled wrong, it does seem your motherboard supports SLI and Crossfire.

Yeah my board does support it. Honestly though, I probably won't run SLI. I'm still thinking about going the 4gb route, because why not haha. No downsides that I know of and it may future proof it for a little while longer!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can this power a gtx770?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived