This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Poll] What is your opinion on instagib (one-hit kill) modes in fast paced FPSs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. [Poll] What is your opinion on instagib (one-hit kill) modes in fast paced FPSs?

User Info: Callmege

Callmege
4 years ago#21
Instagib... Now that's a term I haven't heard in a while. Instagib is imba
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
4 years ago#22
I don't enjoy it.

Halo 2 is a great example because it had the standard, shield recharge gameplay but also a one-hit kill SWAT game mode.

SWAT was fun in short bursts but it gets monotonous. The shield recharge gameplay allows for a more dynamic experience because you could get jumped by an enemy and still have time to make decisions that could put you on top.

I remember times in Halo 3 where I would get jumped from behind but was able to run around the corner of a wall while charging the Spartan Laser only to blast them the second they came around it. Or running backwards of a ledge and sticking the enemy with a grenade and watching them explode as you are in a mid-air leap. That kind of gameplay is as fun as it gets imo.

Too bad Halo 4 has none of it.

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
4 years ago#23
I like it. When I play Sauerbraten, I usually either do instagib or insta ctf, and I can often go for a while.

That being said, I'll usually go for something Halo-esque when I'm not playing that. I like the fact that you can usually actually react and get someone back, unlike CoD, where the first person to shoot usually wins.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. [Poll] What is your opinion on instagib (one-hit kill) modes in fast paced FPSs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived