This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

User Info: Worknofun370

Worknofun370
4 years ago#151
itzzsinned posted...

As for why CS:GO I don't consider as a CS game: the entire premise of CS is that it is a team-based game where teamwork is of the utmost importance. In CS:GO, there is no downside to playing like an idiot. Teamwork and strategy aren't vital.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJLqCwDmuo&hd=1

Oh please, that's a pile of BS. Teamwork and Strategy are vital in CS:GO. Anyone who plays competitively would say the same thing. They would probably say they aren't as vital/bad moves aren't as punished as they were in the 1.6 days, but that doesn't in-turn mean they aren't vital and that there is "no downside" to playing like an idiot.

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#152
JonWood007 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
JonWood007 posted...
*sigh*, how come every discussion on CS always boils down to "you hate it becuase you suck"?

I suck at games that are not CS too, but that doesn't mean I rip them for bad mechanics. I just expect that when I aim at an enemy the bullets actually hit them. That's all. If a game fails at that, I'm gonna rip it. I don't even think CS is bad. I just think it's grossly overrated.

Because that is the case for you. If you know what you're doing, the bullets will hit where you aim. The mechanics are simple: If your crosshair is bigger than its smallest size, your accuracy is reduced. And if you're aiming down a scope on a sniper and you shoot while moving, your accuracy is also reduced. This isn't because they messed up when making the mechanics, they made it like this on purpose.

Yeah, except it takes a long time to actually learn how to aim. Again, see my example of fighting moves only work if you hit the button just right. They now market that into a feature. In reality, it's just outdated mechanics. They make it this way on purpose because all the hardcore players would whine and call the game casual if they actually made the game easier. But look at all other fpses....do many of them follow CS's example mechanics wise? No. Why? Because it's user unfriendly. We have better mechanics, more intuitive mechanics. It's called "progress". CS is stuck in the past.

Actually tons of games follow CS's shooting mechanics for hipfire, just with the addition of ADS which nobody playing CS wants.

I don't see why a slight learning curve would equate to bad mechanics, that's ridiculous.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
4 years ago#153
JonWood007 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
JonWood007 posted...
*sigh*, how come every discussion on CS always boils down to "you hate it becuase you suck"?

I suck at games that are not CS too, but that doesn't mean I rip them for bad mechanics. I just expect that when I aim at an enemy the bullets actually hit them. That's all. If a game fails at that, I'm gonna rip it. I don't even think CS is bad. I just think it's grossly overrated.

Because that is the case for you. If you know what you're doing, the bullets will hit where you aim. The mechanics are simple: If your crosshair is bigger than its smallest size, your accuracy is reduced. And if you're aiming down a scope on a sniper and you shoot while moving, your accuracy is also reduced. This isn't because they messed up when making the mechanics, they made it like this on purpose.

Yeah, except it takes a long time to actually learn how to aim. Again, see my example of fighting moves only work if you hit the button just right. They now market that into a feature. In reality, it's just outdated mechanics. They make it this way on purpose because all the hardcore players would whine and call the game casual if they actually made the game easier. But look at all other fpses....do many of them follow CS's example mechanics wise? No. Why? Because it's user unfriendly. We have better mechanics, more intuitive mechanics. It's called "progress". CS is stuck in the past.

It's not user unfriendly; it's purposely designed so that difficulty of execution is strongly correlated with effectiveness. To my mind, this correlation is one of the two key things needed for a good competitive game; the other is balance. All the 'user-friendliness' does is to weaken this correlation. This is the very reason many competitive fighting game players complain about the input lenience in SF4 compared to earlier iterations; it means weaker players can compete more easily with stronger players, reducing the competitive element.

I seem to be seeing a lot of people complaining about, and disagreeing with, the views of competitive gamers recently. What people don't realise is that not all opinions are equally valid in life; the opinions of more-experienced or more-qualified people are more valid. If someone who has played 1000's of hours of CS tells you it is better without iron-sights, you are arrogant to disagree if you have played it very little. Not aiming this at anyone - just a a general point.

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
4 years ago#154
Worknofun370 posted...
JonWood007 posted...

I'm pretty sure the reason why this discussion on CS boiled down to "You hate it because you suck" is because that's the argument you're currently making it.

Remember "You shoot and bullets miss" is the reason you gave for why the mechanics suck. And poor mechanics have been the #1 thing you've been arguing against when it comes to CS. So logic says you think the game sucks because you shoot and bullets miss... Therefore you hate it because you suck.

Again. I explained MANY times that I suck at many games, but don't bash the mechanics. I just think that when I aim right at a guy and click my mouse button I should get points for killing him. This is a matter of user friendliness. People like CS because it's an exclusive game. You need to spend massive amounts of time mastering these weird mechanics for bragging rights, and if you don't like them, the discussion drifts toward "well you just suck". Thanks for proving my point btw.

It has more to do than just sucking, and even than, I wouldn;'t even say I suck at CS any more. Here's a screenshot of my profile:

http://i.imgur.com/D2AO6j3.png

See? 0.985. Average KDR for me.

Now, compare this to BF3, a game I said has better shooting mechanics.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/JonWood007/stats/192234615/pc/

Whoops. I thought I hated CS because I sucked at it?

Don't make this argument ever again. It's a bad argument.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768

Ch3wy
4 years ago#155
Less than 20% accuracy means you don't suck?

Jon I'm not accusing anyone here other than you for not liking the mechanics just because you suck at them. It's just you, and I don't know how you wouldn't expect it when you complain about your bullets not hitting people.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

JonWood007
4 years ago#156
Still trying to push your argument even after I've proven you wrong, huh?
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900

Ch3wy
4 years ago#157
JonWood007 posted...
Still trying to push your argument even after I've proven you wrong, huh?

If anything you've proven me right. Very low accuracy and a <1 K/D in a game with bots in it.

K/d doesn't mean anything by itself anyways, you can easily just play against other bad people and make it decent.

Nice job contradicting me though that's a really strong argument.

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
4 years ago#158
JonWood007 posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
JonWood007 posted...

I'm pretty sure the reason why this discussion on CS boiled down to "You hate it because you suck" is because that's the argument you're currently making it.

Remember "You shoot and bullets miss" is the reason you gave for why the mechanics suck. And poor mechanics have been the #1 thing you've been arguing against when it comes to CS. So logic says you think the game sucks because you shoot and bullets miss... Therefore you hate it because you suck.

Again. I explained MANY times that I suck at many games, but don't bash the mechanics. I just think that when I aim right at a guy and click my mouse button I should get points for killing him. This is a matter of user friendliness. People like CS because it's an exclusive game. You need to spend massive amounts of time mastering these weird mechanics for bragging rights, and if you don't like them, the discussion drifts toward "well you just suck". Thanks for proving my point btw.

It has more to do than just sucking, and even than, I wouldn;'t even say I suck at CS any more. Here's a screenshot of my profile:

http://i.imgur.com/D2AO6j3.png

See? 0.985. Average KDR for me.

Now, compare this to BF3, a game I said has better shooting mechanics.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/JonWood007/stats/192234615/pc/

Whoops. I thought I hated CS because I sucked at it?

Don't make this argument ever again. It's a bad argument.

The fact that you are comparing KDRs to prove your point just undermines it and suggests you probably suck at both.

You're arguing with people who know more about the subject than you.

JonWood007
4 years ago#159
You're just cherrypicking the stats that fit your view. if you look in BF3, the game I said totally doesnt have bad mechanics, I still have the same level of accuracy, roughly. Stop trying to discredit me based on skills, but instead talk about the mechanics at hand.

The fact is, I say one game has bad mechanics, the oher game doesnt. Does this mean I suck at one and not the other? No. As you can see, my skills are roughly equal in both games, but I only rip one, gee, why is that?

Thanks for proving once again CS fanboys are elitists who can't rationally discuss their game without making ad hominem attacks about peoples' skills.

Ch3wy
4 years ago#160
JonWood007 posted...
You're just cherrypicking the stats that fit your view. if you look in BF3, the game I said totally doesnt have bad mechanics, I still have the same level of accuracy, roughly. Stop trying to discredit me based on skills, but instead talk about the mechanics at hand.

So you're bad at both games. That doesn't stop you from not being bad at CS.

Difference is you can see something you can put blame on for your lack of skill in one, while the other it's just obvious to you that you're bad. That doesn't mean the mechanics are bad in one, it means you for some reason still don't understand them with is pretty ridiculous given the amount of matches you've played.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived