This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best CPU/GPU/mATX MOBO for ~$300-400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best CPU/GPU/mATX MOBO for ~$300-400?

User Info: SexCEman

SexCEman
3 years ago#1
I just sold an i5 3570k, GTX 670 FTW, and Maximus V Gene for a loss of only about $100 (less if I factor in the rebates and $50 credit I earned from Newegg) from what I paid a year ago...which is not bad to me. I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor (Catleap), case (mATX), PSU, RAM, optical drive, CPU cooler, wireless/bluetooth adapters, and SSD/HDD.

All I really want now is something that can run on my Catleap at 2560x1440 for everyday use if needed. I just don't do a lot of high-end gaming anymore to warrant the performance. Even just a CPU/MOBO that could run at solid performance would be fine until I decide I really need a high-end GPU. Yes, I know I could have kept that Mobo/CPU but the Max V Gene really wasn't necessary and still sells for a good amount.
(message deleted)

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#3
Hahahahahahahahahaha... Oh, man, that's just... Hahahahahaha, you should seriously be a comedian, man, you're really good at it.

Wait, are you serious...?

Ahahahahahaha!
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#4
Are you alright with gaming at medium/720p (half native)? If so, just any Haswell i5/i3 will handle it, the 4600 is roughly twice as powerful as the current consoles. That would leave you $100-150 for a GPU if you decided you needed it. Not sure exactly what you play, I play Minecraft/FTB so AMD doesn't really cut it for me. If you don't play anything too CPU intensive an A10 6800k or FX6300+gpu would be a pretty solid choice as well.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: SexCEman

SexCEman
3 years ago#5
MasterDonGero posted...
Hahahahahahahahahaha... Oh, man, that's just... Hahahahahaha, you should seriously be a comedian, man, you're really good at it.

Ahahahahahaha!

I'm sorry, but what is your deal? I don't want anything to game on, I actually have two other PC's that I can play games on at 1600x900 just fine, but one is my wife's main computer and the other is a laptop so it doesn't really display well to my Catleap for everyday use.

See, if you're really curious about the whole situation that I was trying not to be long winded about, this i5, GTX 670 FTW setup I really don't need for the games I play, and just want to have something at home that can connect to my Catleap for everyday use and Dota 2 which is about the only game I play a lot.

So I'm not sure what's so funny about it. Like I said, I don't really play any high-end games, and the ones I do play I really wouldn't miss much and could still play at lower settings.

If the funny part is that I got rid of those parts and you think they were sufficient for what I'm asking, well I made nearly $650 off those parts ($190 for the i5, $290 from the GTX 670 FTW, and $160 from the MVG)...so going with something $200+ cheaper is not really that ridiculous if it is sufficient for what I need. Maybe you misunderstood that I'm only wanting to use it for general use on my Catleap at 2560x1440, rather than gaming.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#6
SexCEman posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

Ahahahahahaha!

I'm sorry, but what is your deal? I don't want anything to game on, I actually have two other PC's that I can play games on at 1600x900 just fine, but one is my wife's main computer and the other is a laptop so it doesn't really display well to my Catleap for everyday use.

See, if you're really curious about the whole situation that I was trying not to be long winded about, this i5, GTX 670 FTW setup I really don't need for the games I play, and just want to have something at home that can connect to my Catleap for everyday use and Dota 2 which is about the only game I play a lot.

So I'm not sure what's so funny about it. Like I said, I don't really play any high-end games, and the ones I do play I really wouldn't miss much and could still play at lower settings.

If the funny part is that I got rid of those parts and you think they were sufficient for what I'm asking, well I made nearly $650 off those parts ($190 for the i5, $290 from the GTX 670 FTW, and $160 from the MVG)...so going with something $200+ cheaper is not really that ridiculous if it is sufficient for what I need. Maybe you misunderstood that I'm only wanting to use it for general use on my Catleap at 2560x1440, rather than gaming.

Ah, see, I thought you meant you wanted "solid performance" in games. ~$200 is enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157334
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280

Also, how much did you get for those three components?
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best CPU/GPU/mATX MOBO for ~$300-400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived