This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the scariest game you've ever played?

User Info: DarthSchubert

DarthSchubert
3 years ago#21
I'd say Amnesia: Dark Descent. The inability to really fight back made it much scarier to me. That's the problem with many near-great horror games; they might have wonderful atmosphere and design and plot, but ultimately if I feel I can fight your creepy monster and survive, it's not going to scare me. Dead Space 1 is the poster child, in my mind. It's also why pre-RE4 RE games were scary... the controls were so clunky you might actually die. A flaw HELPED that game series.

I will agree Condemned: Criminal Origins also scared me quite a bit when I first played it. Something about the atmosphere really worked.

Honorable mention to Alan Wake, whose creepy forest and focus on unsettling rather than jump scaring went a looong way.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."

User Info: zespair

zespair
3 years ago#22
the latest Surgeon Simulator.......... that games scary.
PSNID:Zespair

User Info: Saberwolfe579

Saberwolfe579
3 years ago#23
Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly Directors Cut Edition on Xbox...never even finished the game man...stupid house of haunted dolls and specters...
--- I'd never dream of invading M'ladys privacy while the Duke invades M'ladys privates! ---

User Info: Sheep007

Sheep007
3 years ago#24
Eternal Darkness, especially the moment when you are told your memory card is corrupted. I wish I had a photo of my face the first time I saw that :P
"My game won't let me buy a girlfriend." - GamersTavern
The official Mareep of the pokemon X and Y boards.

User Info: Unbridled9

Unbridled9
3 years ago#25
Eternal Darkness.
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!

User Info: il_capitano

il_capitano
3 years ago#26
Either REmake with its randomly resurrecting running zombies + invincible boss stalking you or Silent Hill 3.
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12

User Info: jbergman

jbergman
3 years ago#27
The first silent hill or fatal frame, i had to take breaks while playing to watch a sitcom or something to calm my nerves =)
PSN: Bergmanj
ALT PSN: USUSER

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
3 years ago#28
Only the first time I ever played Eternal Darkness.

Did a low sanity run.

That **** freaks you out.
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the Killer Instinct Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#29
I don't play horror games, but HL2's Ravenholm and the part where Batman first starts hallucinating from Scarecrow's fear gas in Arkham Asylum genuinely scared me.

I did play them both late at night though. <_<
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

User Info: Pirata_Preto

Pirata_Preto
3 years ago#30
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. The sanity effects truly made the game awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the scariest game you've ever played?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived