This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HALF LIFE 3? (Trademark filed by valve)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. HALF LIFE 3? (Trademark filed by valve)

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
3 years ago#11
Does that mean a team fortress 3 will follow??
i5 3570k,Sapphire dual x 7950, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 8
Steam- Perfectvillain

User Info: DarthAragorn

DarthAragorn
3 years ago#12
Chrono Break was trademarked like 12 years ago.

Means nothing

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#13
DarthAragorn posted...
Chrono Break was trademarked like 12 years ago.

Means nothing

Not on its own but because the other 2 half life trademarks were registered very near the other 2 main releases, it carries a little more weight. You can do your own search on the site to verify. I thought it was faked at first and checked the site. You can't fake the other 2 entries and those were filed years ago.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: freezeman

freezeman
3 years ago#14
This game is going to be so hyped up, it'll never live up to anyone's expectations.
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
3 years ago#15
I've very surprised they didn't trademark the name years ago. It's reasonable to assume that when they released HL2 (if not *way* before HL2's release) they considered it likely that they would one day release a game called Half-Life 3, so why not trademark it then?
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

User Info: iceache

iceache
3 years ago#16
Kerr Avon posted...
I've very surprised they didn't trademark the name years ago. It's reasonable to assume that when they released HL2 (if not *way* before HL2's release) they considered it likely that they would one day release a game called Half-Life 3, so why not trademark it then?

Trademarks have time limits. 10 years , but have to be renewed every 5th or 6th year.. no point filing a trademark for something that wont exist for a super long time

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#17
It'll end up like modern shooters.
...enjoy your wait.
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 years ago#18
They're waiting on the oculus.
FC= 3265-4867-8550

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
3 years ago#19
EpicKingdom_ posted...
It'll end up like modern shooters.
...enjoy your wait.

Not like it really matters. Personally I'm more interested in it finishing the HL2 storyline, cause being stuck on a cliffhanger for this many years is just cruel.

Seriously, do the combine get destroyed? Or does the ending pull a ME3 and make everyone die/go insane/become that which they sought to destroy? I'm dying to see how it ends.
Last Grand MageX2 3 years ago#20
HL3 is going to be the launch title for the Steam Box, if it has a console version it will be at the very least time-delayed.
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. HALF LIFE 3? (Trademark filed by valve)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived