This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to lower this builds price without sacrificing quality of the PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any way to lower this builds price without sacrificing quality of the PC?

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#1
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1KbUb

Price kind of seems high, but maybe I'm wrong. I can't say I have done a ton of shopping around for parts so it could just be my inexperience.

Also, how is the build overall? Any recommendations on things to change / add / remove? I kinda have an idea of what I want, but I don't know enough about brands to know whats good / bad / overly expensive for the majority of the parts. Any advice would be appreciated!

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#2
You could skip the SSD and get a regular DVD R/W to save money or put it towards a better CPU or case or something
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#3
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
You could skip the SSD and get a regular DVD R/W to save money or put it towards a better CPU or case or something

Thanks for the recommendations, I am set on getting a SSD though, since it is a very nice improvement for Windows OS especially. I also need the Blu-Ray because I plan on using the PC to watch movies with on my living room TV.

Mostly, what I am unsure of is the RAM selection, the PSU, the GPU, and the Motherboard. I have no idea if these are good for the price, or if I should swap them for something else. There may be other areas I can save as well, but these are the areas I feel that my inexperience may have led me to buy more than I need.

User Info: OverlordBahamut

OverlordBahamut
3 years ago#4
Wait until Black Friday to buy everything. That's generally when parts are the cheapest. That way you can get the EXACT same thing, but at a cheaper price!

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#5
I may be doing that, at least with some of the parts.

User Info: Nightmare2398

Nightmare2398
3 years ago#6
can't think of any way you can get that cheaper other than obviously removing the ssd, i mean your mobo is extremely cheap, hdd is cheap, etc. you can wait until black friday and maybe save $50-$150 depending on whats on sale (although you might want to buy ram immediately, ram prices might be going up due to that fire)
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#7
2133 maybe a little overkill, though I also have that kind of RAM just for some personal experimentation. But $56 is pretty cheap for 2133 so I don't think you want to change that.
If you wait for Black Friday, you may even be tempted to upgrade to 4670K + Z87 even.

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#8
That SSD is too small. Also, unless you really need it, switch the BluRay Drive to a plain old DVD Drive. I would, also, suggest a better motherboard and CPU for that matter.

And get MX-4 instead of Arctic Silver 5 paste.
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#9
Ew @ that mobo. If you're gonna overclock, get a better one.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#10
Get an FX-6300 for $40 less and just overclock it yourself. Looks about as cheap as it will go otherwise.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any way to lower this builds price without sacrificing quality of the PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived