This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
4 years ago#1
How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

I know Microsoft claims it'll be in 2014, but I am sure the support will show up much sooner then that.
Since the controller does send data over a Micro USB cable, I can see where just plugging it in directly and it'll work.

The other support might be fore the wireless features of the controller.

Needless to say, while I don't support the system, I love the controller. The 360 was an amazing controller, and this one looks refined to a point of almost perfection.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
4 years ago#2
If they were smart day and date
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: Sage_Of_Ice

Sage_Of_Ice
4 years ago#3
Good luck even finding one. Microsoft can barely manufacture enough consoles, so they'll using all of the controllers for the bundles.
I've been in Troll form for so long...

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
4 years ago#4
The console that is launching a month before the end of the year is totally going to get support for its controller added to windows "much sooner" than that.

I'm betting February-March.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

Jiryn
4 years ago#5
YoungAdultLink posted...
The console that is launching a month before the end of the year is totally going to get support for its controller added to windows "much sooner" than that.

I'm betting February-March.

As I said I think the physical cable connection will be just plug and play XINPUT, while the wireless mode may need a new driver and device to support it.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

YoungAdultLink
4 years ago#6
Ah, but the Xbone doesn't natively use X-input, or else people wouldn't need to buy new controllers, arcade sticks and other inputs.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 years ago#7
Considering MS's track record for ignoring the PC in favor of their horrible consoles, I don't know. If they said 2014, it will probably be some time in 2014.

I'm still waiting for them to release Windows drivers for the Xbox 360 Chatpad. >:(

User Info: electroflame

electroflame
4 years ago#8
Watch it require Windows 8.

"Hey guys, we've got this new controller for you!"
"Oh, and it requires Windows 8 -- but that's a good thing, right? Right? No, please! Come back! We love you!"
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame

Jiryn
4 years ago#9
YoungAdultLink posted...
Ah, but the Xbone doesn't natively use X-input, or else people wouldn't need to buy new controllers, arcade sticks and other inputs.

I thought it did Natively use Xinput, but it has a communication chip.
Aka all XB1 controllers have a chip needed to communicate with the XB1, without it the device will not be recognized.
That's how the patents explained it anyways (Microsoft said 3rd party controller devs/companies need to relicense for the XB1 which caused a small uproar months ago. Where as 1 license = all Sony products)

YoungAdultLink
4 years ago#10
Marblesbunbun posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

I thought it did Natively use Xinput, but it has a communication chip.
Aka all XB1 controllers have a chip needed to communicate with the XB1, without it the device will not be recognized.
That's how the patents explained it anyways (Microsoft said 3rd party controller devs/companies need to relicense for the XB1 which caused a small uproar months ago. Where as 1 license = all Sony products)

Yeah, and that's exactly how X-input works, too. A special USB controller that Microsoft owns the patents on. But, if it were still x-input, then it would be the same chip. It's more like X-input 2.0 or Z-Input, if you wanted to think of it that way. The difference between an original Xbox controller and a 360 pad. USB->X-input->X-input 2.0.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived