This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate this PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate this PC

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 years ago#21
MasterDonGero posted...
32x2z posted...
It's an Asus with a DVI cable.

So every Asus monitor with a DVI port is good?

As for a rating: 4.5/10

And your reason for the rating is? Just curious how you rate it based on current games at 720P.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#22
32x2z posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
32x2z posted...
It's an Asus with a DVI cable.

So every Asus monitor with a DVI port is good?

As for a rating: 4.5/10

And your reason for the rating is? Just curious how you rate it based on current games at 720P.

I'd give it the same rating at any resolution. A 10/10, in my eyes, is an i7 4970X and 4 Titans in a water cooling loop, with a bunch of 1 TB SSDs among other things.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#23
7/10. It will do your 720p just fine but those standards are pretty weak and I wouldn't want to be stuck there. It should run 1080p med-high just fine though and that would be preferable imo. Its going to start struggling on the next gen games a bit but should run them all well enough at reasonable settings.

At this stage I would have tried to make a next gen "killer" and waited on purchasing until I could afford it.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#24
I wen't from a 1080p TV to a 1440p monitor, and it was the best visual upgrade I ever made, better than any video card. I say that every time I switch displays too, because I usually wait a long time, thinking it isn't worth it, then I am pleasantly surprised. I kept this 19" monitor for a long time, it was like... 1600x1200 or something. I switched to a 1680x1050 widescreen with MUCH better colors and it was ALMOST like night and day, literally. I could see things I couldn't see before.

I switched to 1080p tv and the resolution was much better, so crisp. I just switched to a 1440p and it was the same thing, the colors look so much better and the detail is amazing with that high resolution. Even game a few years old look so much better if they scale to 1440p.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate this PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived