This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Final Review/Adivce Please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. One Final Review/Adivce Please

User Info: carryonifucan

carryonifucan
3 years ago#11
gastaman posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750bbefx

$80 after MIR, if you don't mind NCIX.

I've never heard of NCIX before, but I'm willing to look into it if they are reliable.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#12
Monkeymage posted...
Why are you stuck on the Fortress? Not that it's a bad unit, but you can have units of similar quality for much cheaper;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

That Corsair is nowhere near similar quality to a Rosewill Fortress... nowhere.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#13
carryonifucan posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
You should be getting a GTX 780 instead.

Most reviews I've read say that the difference between a 770/780 isn't enough to justify the price. I also like that the card I've picked has 4gb of vid ram.

Is there an equivalent 780 with that much ram/price?

The price difference from a reference 770 to a 4GB Classified isn't worth it either, and you won't be driving 4GB with a single 770 either. Just get a 3GB 780 and cut back on other parts of the build.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
3 years ago#14
carryonifucan posted...
gastaman posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750bbefx

$80 after MIR, if you don't mind NCIX.

I've never heard of NCIX before, but I'm willing to look into it if they are reliable.

They are.

User Info: Auron_59261

Auron_59261
3 years ago#15
carryonifucan posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
You should be getting a GTX 780 instead.

Most reviews I've read say that the difference between a 770/780 isn't enough to justify the price. I also like that the card I've picked has 4gb of vid ram.

Is there an equivalent 780 with that much ram/price?

Unless you plan on getting a 1440p monitor (and I can't begin to tell you how much I recommend you do), you won't be using that extra gb of VRAM.
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz [] HIS IceQ X^2 7970 |1200|1600|3GB| [] 16GB Ripjaws Z 1866 [] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [] 250GB Samsung 840 [] 2TB Barracuda [] CX 600 PSU [] H80i
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. One Final Review/Adivce Please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived