This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Caan anyone answer these PC questions.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Caan anyone answer these PC questions.....

User Info: Road_Kill_666

Road_Kill_666
4 years ago#1
1) I've read people talk about how dual GPU cards aren't too good in SLI, can anyone explain why they don't scale well or whatever too well? I planned on getting R9 290X SLI but not sure if it will be a bad choice to or not. Any thoughts anyone?

2) Windows 8.1 uses tiled resources which uses on board RAM. Is this a reason to get ram faster than 1600Mhz? Also is this a reason to go with 16GB of ram instead of *GB? I haven't heard if there's a cap on the amount of on board ram this can use.

3) My 5 year old rig uses a 60GB SSD. Should i get one 256GB SSD or get two 128GB SSD's in Raid 0? Is there much difference? Or should i just get a 128GB for the OS and use the second 128GB for applications and games instead?

4) i have a Q9400 right now, whats the best CPU to upgrade to just to make it through 2014? I plan on builiding a 8 core haswell beast but i need something now as its almost impossible doing vide editing with the Q9400. should i do the i5 3570K?

Any answers would be appreciated.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
4 years ago#2
1. The performance increase of adding a 3rd GPU is mediocre at best, and the 4th is just crap.

2. Depends on what you use your computer for.

3. Just get a 256 GB SSD. The performance increase of RAID 0 for SSDs isn't worth the risk.

4. Depends on your budget and there are currently no octocore Haswells.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: Road_Kill_666

Road_Kill_666
4 years ago#3
MasterDonGero posted...

4. Depends on your budget and there are currently no octocore Haswells.

I read theres a 8 core coming out end of 2014, I just need something to get me by till then.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Caan anyone answer these PC questions.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived