This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?

User Info: jrr18

jrr18
3 years ago#1
I know that with desktops you just plug in the hdmi cable but would this work with a lap top or would the built in screen screw around with it?
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#2
Yeah, just plug in an HDMI cable.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#3
Laptops will have a function key you can use to switch between monitors and disable the laptops screen. You can do the same in Windows.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 years ago#4
Make sure your laptop has an external monitor port. Depending on its age and brand, this port might be VGA, DVI, HDMI, or Displayport. If it doesn't have such a port, you can get a USB adapter. If it doesn't have a USB port, your laptop is a piece of garbage.

User Info: Mohjong

Mohjong
3 years ago#5
I do that but the drawback is that the laptop hdmi display doesn't output above 60Hz.
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#6
yeah thats a big inconvenience for the .01% of displays that accept more than 60hz
^ this
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived