This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dat Poll Of The Day.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dat Poll Of The Day.

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
3 years ago#11
Talks posted...
poll results are always like this. Few people other than enthusiasts adopt early. People were mortified by 599 US DOLLAR and here's a poll from right after the wii came out

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/2575

24% bought one, 15% weren't able to obtain one yet despite wanting it (mostly likely because of the stock issues the Wii had), and 61% didn't have plans to get it yet. Those are actually pretty good stats right there.
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m

User Info: Talks

Talks
3 years ago#12
Isn't today's poll more optimistic though?
http://i.imgur.com/gBllw.jpg

User Info: ajko000

ajko000
3 years ago#13
Eh, yeah I guess, I had just finished off my coffee, was a bit hyped up.

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
3 years ago#14
I want to buy a PS4, but no reason to buy it at launch, I still have PS3 games to play, and good exclusive games are getting released after next year
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013

User Info: akuma634

akuma634
3 years ago#15
If anything, it's time for everyone realize that we should wait when it comes to new consoles. Don't buy into the hype because it's never fun spending a lot of money and waiting over a year for a decent game library to get established. Not to mention that some consoles do have defects early on. I had probably 5 or 6 PS1s because of disc reading problems, around 8 PS2s because of disc read errors, and 3 Xbox 360's that got the red light. Then after a year or two they come out with a better designed console. It sucked having the original 360 with a 20 gig hard drive with 12 free gigs when the slim came out with 500 gigs, console replacements don't bump you to a slim. With the PS4, you just know after a year or two they'll do a price drop and release the PS4 Slim.

For me I spent my money beefing up my video card and I'm set for quite a long time. I'll be able to run Watchdogs on ultra graphics. The only reason I'd get a next gen console would be for some really kick ass exclusive games like of course PS4 will have some new Ratchet & Clank games, new Quantic Dream art game on a AAA budget, Naught Dog doing something amazing, new Infamous, and so on. I can wait until the console gets a new model, a price drop, and a good handful of exclusive games are under $30.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dat Poll Of The Day.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived