This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me out (PC i built is having major issues)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me out (PC i built is having major issues)

User Info: xibenix

xibenix
4 years ago#1
Alright, so i built a pc with parts i was able to get for free or really cheap, a month or two ago.

Randomly, like if i try to play a game or do something hardware intensive, my computer will shut off instantly. At first i thought it was the power supply, cause i skimped out on that, but i eventually purchased a much better power supply and im having the same issues.

The specs:

12GB 1600 MHz Corsair 9-9-9-24 RAM (3 seperate DDR3 sticks)
i5-2310 processor
2 x gts 450 GPU's (SLI)
Silverstone 500W Model : SST-ST50F-ES
Motherboard : ECS P67H2-A2 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135283)

i've tried many ways to fix my issues. i've disabled sli and only plugged in one gpu at a time, to test if either was bad. Didn't make a difference.

I bought the power supply above which is more than sufficient for my needs and it still didnt solve my issue.

So i decided to run Memtest86, it ran for about 5 minutes then computer shut off instantly, which i knew was not right, so i started testing one stick at a time, no matter which slot, or stick i tried, same results, power shuts off a few minutes through testing.

What should i do now to try to fix my issues? I know my PC is completely unbalanced, please don't flame, just trying to get it to work

User Info: fatali

fatali
4 years ago#2
You tested the video cards, ram memory, power supply, the only thing left to blame is the motherboard.
Mystery is the source of all true science.

User Info: Elfergos

Elfergos
4 years ago#3
Have you tried to launching with a single GPU?

Sorry, I see that you have although 500W does seem a little low if you are aiming for an SLI config. How about your CPU, are you using a stock or custom fan?

xibenix
4 years ago#4
yeah thats what i said i've done to test the gpu, currently im running only one gpu because of that, but i still have issues.

If i were to open up a game such as skyrim, my pc would power off within a few minutes.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
4 years ago#5
Bad motherboard is bad.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

xibenix
4 years ago#6
Stock intel lga 1155 fan. And, 500 Watts should be plenty for my setup, the two GPU i have are very low power, and if im running it with only one GPU and no sli and i still have issues, i really doubt its the PSU, because im only using one card atm...

User Info: Elfergos

Elfergos
4 years ago#7
The only thing that I could think is that you have an overheating issue or something fundamentally wrong with your motherboard, I've had similar things happen before to a laptop which was caused my overloading the CPU on xcom and my first really badly built PC used to restart a lot because of a dodgy power supply.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me out (PC i built is having major issues)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived