This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is installing a new processor yourself difficult ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is installing a new processor yourself difficult ?

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
4 years ago#21
Powerful thing you have there. Your CPU's generation was a real good one, and very few things should be a concern.

Without a specific worry it's very hard to recommend a costly upgrade.

Also, my first time wasn't difficult at all, but it was a bit crunchy, and filled with tension.
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
It's not that difficult, but no matter how many times I've done it I can't help feel like something is going to break when I'm locking down the heatsink/fan.
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
4 years ago#23
You mean Haswell processor? It is not difficult, just scary if it is your first time.

User Info: Faendryl

Faendryl
4 years ago#24
200 dollars isn't going to net you a cpu upgrade; it's around what a 2500k/3570k/4670k all cost, 10-15% upgrade at the most. Guess you could sell your cpu and drop in a 2500k and an air cooler if you will overclock as an upgrade.

Even if you're going to overclock, sandy/ivy/haswell are all close. Ivy and Haswell run hot.
3570k@4.9GHz Delid | Asrock Extreme6 | G.Skill 16GB | MSI R7950 TF3 1200/1575 Crossfire X2 | Corsair TX750W | Cosmos S
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/907670

User Info: SKYMAN07

SKYMAN07
4 years ago#25
Your current processor is still sufficient for your needs, don't bother with an upgrade yet.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is installing a new processor yourself difficult ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived