This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to calibrate a controller that lists left.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to calibrate a controller that lists left.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 years ago#1
I have a third party 360 controller. It has a normal D-pad, unlike most that have that weird sliding circle thing.

The main analogue stick is suddenly left, and calibrating it using the Windows 7 UI doesn't work. I took the controller apart and poked at it, and it didn't help (although it also didn't make it worse.) There's either a short in it somewhere, or something else has gone wrong inside it.

I really like this controller, so if it can be adjusted to compensate I'd like to. :)
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#2
Increase the dead zone.

My PS2 controller reads as being at the 50% position to the left when it's just sitting still, I maxed the dead zone in Dolphin and it works fine. Of course, more precise movements are sort of hard, but it works fine for what I'm using it for.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#3
Have you tried lubing up the stick? If you've already taken it apart it shouldn't be a problem for you, I'm sure there's tutorial vids for 360 controllers, maybe even your specific one, but I've seen N64 controllers go from stuck at a tilt to better than new with just a dab of lithium grease. Another option is graphite powder but don't use anything petroleum based like Vaseline.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
Last Grand MageX2 3 years ago#4
PhilOnDez posted...
Have you tried lubing up the stick? If you've already taken it apart it shouldn't be a problem for you, I'm sure there's tutorial vids for 360 controllers, maybe even your specific one, but I've seen N64 controllers go from stuck at a tilt to better than new with just a dab of lithium grease. Another option is graphite powder but don't use anything petroleum based like Vaseline.

I find water based lubricants are actually the best when it comes to lubing the stick.
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to calibrate a controller that lists left.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived