This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm averaging about 30FPS in Battlefield 4. What gives?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm averaging about 30FPS in Battlefield 4. What gives?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 years ago#31
Lots of users report that their performance issues were fixed by playing on Windows 8.

Every owner of a HD 7000 card should wait for BF4 to get support for Mantle in December however
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#32
I'm worried that Mantle just straight up wont come to the Vista OS. It's really been a very long time since theyve updated the drivers for Vista.

Even Windows 7 users get far superior performance it seems according to benchmarks I'm looking at
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they treat the weaker members of society.

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#33
you could try windows xp 64bit
huehuehue
^ this

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#34
1440p, 2600k, GTX660 SLI, I can play at high and get 50-60, medium gives me a solid 60 ( which I like ). If I stay indoors I can get a solid 60 at ultra, but what's the fun in that? I think the problem is CPU, everyone says their's is near 100%. In my experience, most beta tests have debuggers running, which will make the CPU stick damn near 100% all game. I think EA also confirmed that the beta is several versions back, because they said they wanted to put out a stable older beta build, as opposed to something that is newer and hasn't been tested as much. Performance aside, I haven't personally encountered any bugs in the dozen or so games I've played. I wouldn't be too worried about the performance in beta.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#35
Installed Windows 8 and the new 13.11 drivers and I get about double the performance vs Vista although I haven't done any hard benchmark though.

I Now I'm averaging ~45fps. I go from the 30s-60s. My whole system feels snappier too.
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they treat the weaker members of society.

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#36
I also get no stuttering

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 years ago#37
PCgameshardware compared CPU performance on Windows 7 and 8
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-4-PC-238749/Specials/Battlefield-4-CPU-Test-Windows-8-1091767/

Dice really needs to fix the performance on Windows 7(I assume Vista too)
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#38
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
I'm worried that Mantle just straight up wont come to the Vista OS. It's really been a very long time since theyve updated the drivers for Vista.

Even Windows 7 users get far superior performance it seems according to benchmarks I'm looking at

irrc, Mantle requires Windows 8
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#39
Honestly, there is no point in worrying about performance in beta. The people I game with are all in the battlefield 4 beta, and from what I gather performance is all over the place still.

Not everyone is getting lousy performance , but a lot of people are. Interestingly, the person who has the system that is most similar to mine is able to run it much better than me.

I already bought a secondhand motherboard and i5 3570, but not because I do not think my current processor is not able to handle it. Even if it took 30 frames off the frames I got in BF3, it would still be quite playable.
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm averaging about 30FPS in Battlefield 4. What gives?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived