This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do you think steam machine works for full size gpu?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how do you think steam machine works for full size gpu?

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
3 years ago#1
is the mobo 100% custom that you install the video card vertically?
steam machine is said to be 12" wide, 12" depth, and 3" high
i think it's nice

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
Same or similar way any Mini-ITX case does it?
You also don't need a custom motherboard, just a perpendicular PCI Express riser.
http://www.logicsupply.com/images/photos/adapters/PCIX-1A_big.jpg
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#3
Shub posted...
Same or similar way any Mini-ITX case does it?
You also don't need a custom motherboard, just a perpendicular PCI Express riser.
http://www.logicsupply.com/images/photos/adapters/PCIX-1A_big.jpg

Voted Best Answer by DV8ingSources

I do worry about thermals though. A case that small will either have some annoying high efficiency fans, or get quite hot. Especially with a 430w powersupply, although it hasn't been said whether it will be a brick design (exterior) or inside the machine itself. I'd assume it would be internal due to cabling but we really don't know too much yet.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

snkboi
3 years ago#4
very interesting..i'm excited for the steam box and i can just put any powerful videocard in this if the drivers allow it
i think it's nice

snkboi
3 years ago#5
is the steam machine going to be 3" high? i cant remember if it was 3" or 5"..what kind of coolers are they going to use to cool down the cpus?
i think it's nice

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#6
snkboi posted...
is the steam machine going to be 3" high? i cant remember if it was 3" or 5"..what kind of coolers are they going to use to cool down the cpus?

Small ones I gather :P These aren't going to be overclocked monster rigs. Not with a case like that.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how do you think steam machine works for full size gpu?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived