This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here still using crt monitors?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here still using crt monitors?

User Info: Pokerkid777

Pokerkid777
3 years ago#1
I am, it just seems like lcd (or any hd monitors for that case) are a waste. Anyone else here with me?
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#2
a waste of what?

space? energy? time?
^ this

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#3
I've still got a CRT but I haven't used it since 2009. I had an LCD monitor break down on me (crappy capacitors!) and for a short while I thought about going to get the CRT, but then I remembered that it's smaller than my LCD and weighs 70lbs, so I went and bought a replacement monitor instead.
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://i.imgur.com/G7PNnZ8.gif

User Info: xSoldier24x

xSoldier24x
3 years ago#4
Pokerkid777 posted...
I am, it just seems like lcd (or any hd monitors for that case) are a waste. Anyone else here with me?

I have one on my old family computer.
Life goes on and all we can hope for is the best...

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
3 years ago#5
Not me but I wish for one sometimes. Hate the black levels that can light up a room...

User Info: The_Desk

The_Desk
3 years ago#6
I have a couple kicking around, but the only time they get use is for setting up a system or testing/fixing someone else's when they bring it to me.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#7
I just threw my 20 inch out.

Still got a 17 and a 15.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#8
I would love to, but they are just so impractical and I don't have the space for one. I do remember them fondly though...
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#9
I tried to use the one I had in the attic for a test boot on my current system but then I remembered that it doesn't work and that's why I quit using that entire system hehe. My current system is my first non-laptop in forever.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#10
Hell no, with prices on TV's currently, why would you?

I used to have a huge, bulky, 200 lb CRT HDTV, and I loved it. Absolute black levels. It was just so stupidly bulky I only used it until I was able to get a more modern TV.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here still using crt monitors?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived