The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Maxwell actually going to be a signifcant boost?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So is Maxwell actually going to be a signifcant boost?

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#1
Or will it basically provide a typical "released half a year after the last wave of tech" boost like the R9 series?

Also, do we actually have any idea when Intel is going to release a series with a significant boost? Sandy --> Ivy --> Haswell have basically been baby steps.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: Scroe

Scroe
3 years ago#2
His magic notebook can add adjectives to pre-existing objects, so he can take an ordinary Haswell and make it a Fast Powerful Supercharged Haswell which should be a significant boost.
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#3
For Intel I'm pretty sure next year is just a rehash of Haswell. I don't think it was supposed to be though. 2015 will be the next big Intel processor.

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
3 years ago#4
I thought that next year was when they changed architectures, and went to a smaller size.
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
TiamatKiller posted...
I thought that next year was when they changed architectures, and went to a smaller size.

Assuming you're talking about Intel -- they don't do that. Intel's "Tick Tock" pattern is die shrink one year, then new microarchitecture the next.
Haswell this year was a "tock", next year will be Broadwell, which is a die shrink of Haswell, then the next year should be a new architecture, Skylake.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Starks

Starks
3 years ago#6
Next year is Haswell Stepping 2, Broadwell was either delayed or a side project
#otchat ~ https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/otchat
Mods/Gods 2013

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#7
Well, is Broadwell actually supposed to be a real jump though? I mean, Sandy/Ivy to Haswell is pretty unspectacular.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: klaxender

klaxender
3 years ago#8
aak57 posted...
Well, is Broadwell actually supposed to be a real jump though? I mean, Sandy/Ivy to Haswell is pretty unspectacular.

It doesn't have to be when the competition is lagging so far behind. Save the big jumps for when/if sales start to drop.
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#9
aak57 posted...
Or will it basically provide a typical "released half a year after the last wave of tech" boost like the R9 series?

Also, do we actually have any idea when Intel is going to release a series with a significant boost? Sandy --> Ivy --> Haswell have basically been baby steps.

1. I would hope not, since they already did that with the GTX 7XX series.

2. When AMD becomes a threat.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
3 years ago#10
They need to team up with Geico and put Maxwell the pig all over it.

So fast it makes you go "WEEE!"
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So is Maxwell actually going to be a signifcant boost?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived