This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: People who had a Voodoo series card or remember Glide3D

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ITT: People who had a Voodoo series card or remember Glide3D

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
3 years ago#21
I have fond memories of my Voodoo 3
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 years ago#22
3DFX for the win.
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64

User Info: call of duty

call of duty
3 years ago#23
I remember the voodoo banshee was the reason why I couldn't play BF1942...man did I rage hard at the computer for failing to load the level every ****ing time and not understanding why until the tech guy told me that my card was too ****. I then upgraded to a GeForce 4 and WOW EVERYTHING SO PRETTY!
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#24
it was a sad day when I bought a voodoo2 to upgrade my computer and then went to install it and had no AGP port
^ this

User Info: UberLurker

UberLurker
3 years ago#25
I was a bit late to the Voodoo party, my first 3Dfx card was a Voodoo3 2000... nice card, I mounted a fan on its passive cooler and was able to OC the thing to 3000 speeds.

My first 3D accelerator card was a Diamond Stealth II S220, a Rendition V2100 powered GPU. For some reason I chose to put stock in those newfangled DirectX and OpenGL APIs in lieu of Glide... apparently I had the right idea but lousy timing.

User Info: HappyKhicken

HappyKhicken
3 years ago#26
I still have mine. I've been saving it along with a few older PC parts to build a 90's nostalgia machine.
__WooBarb__ : Yes. Your computer does not start. The heatsink is definately dead.
«M.ö.F.ä.T.»

User Info: gamerdude555

gamerdude555
3 years ago#27
I had the Amiga 500
gamers paradise
The cranky hermit 3 years ago#28
it was a sad day when I bought a voodoo2 to upgrade my computer and then went to install it and had no AGP port

But Voodoo 2 was a PCI card. You can't do SLI over AGP.
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 years ago#29
Actually IIRC with some cards you could do SLI/CrossFire even if one of them was AGP. It wasn't common, and it didn't show up until later in the game IIRC, but it was there.
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.

User Info: Clique_Killa

Clique_Killa
3 years ago#30
I remember seeing voodoo advertisements in the back of tips and tricks magazines.
Killa of Cliques
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ITT: People who had a Voodoo series card or remember Glide3D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived