This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming laptop around $400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming laptop around $400?

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
3 years ago#21
Yeah you geniuses all just got trolled.

User Info: ReturnOfSocks

ReturnOfSocks
3 years ago#22
A $400 laptop will be plenty capable for those games listed,mostly because the max res would be like 768p even an AMD APU will run well.
GTX Titan - PS3 - Xbox360 - Wii U - 3DS - Vita - iPhone 5
Unbiased Gamer

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#23
ReturnOfSocks posted...
A $400 laptop will be plenty capable for those games listed,mostly because the max res would be like 768p even an AMD APU will run well.

I think it would actually run at the mythical 144p
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
(message deleted)

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#25
I have no clue why people think they can pay dirt cheap prices for computers and have any expectations.... I mean $400 is about as cheap as it comes for a laptop unless you buy refurb or a really old model...
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: Osteoporozis

Osteoporozis
3 years ago#26
Preposterous things about this:

#1: "Gaming Laptop"

#2: "Do my shopping and research for me"

#3: the signature

You don't buy a $400 laptop for gaming, you buy a $1500 laptop for gaming at non-maxed settings until your hardware is outdated a few short years later.

You buy an $800 desktop and game on it for two generations of consoles, at maxed settings until near the end. That's what I suggest at least. Even if you don't want maxed settings it will last you longer and cost you less in the long run. Go to a local PC store and tell them what you want, they will build it for you, just don't get bled for extra money.
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
Learn to swim.

User Info: fakewars

fakewars
3 years ago#27
It's horrible how people here consider ignorance as attemp of trolling
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
3 years ago#28
TimePharaoh posted...
DontNou posted...
Lmao
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000

User Info: analogman

analogman
3 years ago#29
http://store.illegear.com/

check out the 13 inch one.
check my quote :DD

User Info: MasterOfHunters

MasterOfHunters
3 years ago#30
From my experience, A10 5750 with discrete gpu will play most games respectively. HP has a model for about $730 and it comes with 1080p res screen to boot.

If you can't afford that, going with A8 without discrete gpu is under $600. It'll probably play skyrim at lower res and medium settings. This is probably the bare minimum. If you can't afford $530ish+ tax, your only option is to go back to Broodwars and Diablo 2.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming laptop around $400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived