This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need a new router

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need a new router

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 years ago#1
My Asus RT-N66U has wifi issues and even Asus are telling me to return it, since this is my second RT-N66U I'm considering getting a different router.

Are there any suggestions for possible alternatives? I have FTTC so a cable router will be fine.

It must have:
Gigabit ethernet
VERY GOOD WIFI (there's a boiler in my room, previously the N66U was good enough but for whatever reasons it stopped working earlier this year (I suspect the firmware)).
USB SMB share
From Amazon.co.uk
<=150-160
Dedicated unit, I can't re-purpose any old hardware nor do I have the space for it
IGMP (we have an IPTV downstairs which requires it)
(if possible) VPN capabilities

I know they launched the AC68U yesterday in the states but I don't know when it will be available in the UK.

Thank you.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.

User Info: Chetyre

Chetyre
3 years ago#2
Old PC + wireless NIC + pfSense
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 years ago#3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122581
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

betatech
3 years ago#4
Chetyre posted...
Old PC + wireless NIC + pfSense

Again that's not an option due to a lack of space.

KamenRiderBlade posted...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122581

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be available on Amazon UK, or even the UK officially.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.

betatech
3 years ago#5
Bump.

betatech
3 years ago#6
Bump.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need a new router

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived