This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 in a separate drive.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 in a separate drive.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#1
So after hearing about a few features that will be Win 8 only (DX 11.1/2, Mantle).

Would it be worth it to invest win 8 on a second hard drive? Or should I just stick to 7 and see how things go?
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
3 years ago#2
I think you should upgrade to Windows 8, download Start8, and move on with technology. :D

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#3
Anymore input. Is it worth it at this time? Is it possible 8 May get skipped over like Vista?

Is the performance in DX 11.1 games that much better on win 8 (there's only like 2 as of now right?)
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

Blarghinston
3 years ago#4
Performance is a bit better all around, but no, Windows 8 is here to stay. 8.1 is due out soon but it is a free upgrade when you have 8.

User Info: mrCube

mrCube
3 years ago#5
The performance difference in most cases is extremely negligible. People always list it as a pro for Windows 8 but it is really not worth mentioning.
---

User Info: Mudkip57

Mudkip57
3 years ago#6
Unless you can get Windows 8 for free or cheaply, I would save that money towards something else. Like an SSD or something. Not enough games uses DX 11.1 or Mantle for it to matter yet

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
3 years ago#7
I don't like Windows 8 so i am sticking with Windows 7 and really hoping the future of windows is more like Windows 7 not some tablet OS. I wish they would make a separate tablet OS, I mean I understand why Microsoft needs appeal to the tablet market, it's booming right now but don't kill off the PC. Just make a Windows 7.5, not this weird 2 OS's that don't really work well together.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

Blarghinston
3 years ago#8
Seriously, I have Windows 8 and NEVER use metro. Start8 guys, really.

User Info: NicoC96

NicoC96
3 years ago#9
I just forced myself to get used to the Metro start screen. Once I got it organized with some of my more frequently used programs and Steam Tile, it works just fine.
http://i.imgur.com/ATS6HeH.jpg
The right part is always a mess though. I don't even bother trying to organize that stuff, just unpinning random stuff like uninstalls and such.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
3 years ago#10
Loserman15 posted...
Seriously, I have Windows 8 and NEVER use metro. Start8 guys, really.

You dont even need Start8 to not use metro.

Anyways, Windows 8 is better than 7 but it's not worth MONEY to upgrade from 7 to 8.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 in a separate drive.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived