This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

256GB Toshiba Q-Series SSD for $135

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 256GB Toshiba Q-Series SSD for $135

User Info: mrCube

mrCube
3 years ago#1
Thought you guys might be interested in this, it's a pretty awesome deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820168063&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL101113&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL101113-_-EMC-101113-Index-_-SSD-_-20168063-L0C

Use the mobile site or the Newegg app and enter the promo code MBLMOBILE10 for an extra $15 off.
---

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#2
Does toshiba make pretty solid drives? I was pretty disappointed when that $90 840 a while back ended up being a pricing error. This isn't far off from that price after the promo so I'm definitely interested so long as it isn't junk.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

mrCube
3 years ago#3
The Q Series is really close in performance to the 840 Evo, even a bit better in some cases.

My only issue with the drive is that it doesn't look awesome like the Samsung drives do
---

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#4
The inside of my case is so well hidden you can't even see the LEDs on my fans :P so the looks aren't terribly important to me. I can always just stick it beneath my M4 if it looks so bad I feel bad for using it. Probably gonna grab this one then, thanks for the heads up.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Volebamus

Volebamus
3 years ago#5
Wow, that's a crazy good price. I haven't been checking SSD developments much recently, but is this the closest that's been available with sub $200 SSDs that offer nearly 2GB-per-dollar?

I only wish these prices affect the ones below them, but finding decent capacity SSDs for $60 to upgrade multiple machines still doesn't seem possible yet.
(( It is of my own Volition to act as I have. ))

User Info: Smakkyoface

Smakkyoface
3 years ago#6
just bought 2. thanks for the heads up.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz | 48GB DDR3 1866 (40GB RamDisk) | SLI Evga Gtx 670 FTW | Samsung 256GB PRO | 1TB Maxtor 7200rpm RAID 0

mrCube
3 years ago#7
Volebamus posted...
Wow, that's a crazy good price. I haven't been checking SSD developments much recently, but is this the closest that's been available with sub $200 SSDs that offer nearly 2GB-per-dollar?.

It's pretty much the lowest price per GB I've seen on an SSD so far
---

mrCube
3 years ago#8
Just went ahead and ordered a second one. Might RAID them or maybe just pop it into my laptop.
---

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#9
This is pretty tempting. Would make for a good dual boot setup with my existing SSD.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
3 years ago#10
Thanks, TC. I'm actually in the process of ordering all of my parts right now and you just saved me 30 bucks off my build.
Sager np9370 | Intel i7 3630qm | GTX 670m SLI | 12GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | 128GB SSD | 500GB HDD x2
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 256GB Toshiba Q-Series SSD for $135

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived