This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Controller Demo Video

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Controller Demo Video

User Info: garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
3 years ago#1
http://youtu.be/eeAjkbNq4xI

Valve are releasing demo's of the Steam Controller, looks interesting.

Looks much more precise than a standard controller, but not quite as precise as a mouse. Probably takes a fair bit of practice too i reckon.
===>>> http://www.garyjpaterson.deviantart.com <<<===

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 years ago#2
Playing Civilization V from my couch with that controller?

I think it moved.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2

User Info: electroflame

electroflame
3 years ago#3
It actually looks better than I thought. Definitely more interested in it now.
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
3 years ago#4
look good, but probably gonna take time to get used to it
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#5
Yeah, I think it shows the benefit of having no resistance or force from joysticks. You can make quick turns and camera movements because the thumbs can slide freely on a surface.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#6
Them using it in that shooting game looked pathetic, he missed constantly and took forever to aim.
I suck at FPS and I still would have effortlessly cleared the rooms with a real mouse.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
3 years ago#7
SinisterSlay posted...
Them using it in that shooting game looked pathetic, he missed constantly and took forever to aim.
I suck at FPS and I still would have effortlessly cleared the rooms with a real mouse.

It looked slow to me as well, but it might be a mix of things, probably still not perfectly acclimated to the controller, and I think he was showing accuracy instead of speed. Although he did miss 1 shot...

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#8
When mongolfps or someone of similar caliber makes a montage of nailing perfect headshots with one I might take notice. Till then no controller is getting near my FPS games.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
3 years ago#9
SinisterSlay posted...

try comparing your time with a mouse compared to his time with that controller
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#10
It looks about like I figured it would, actually. Although I still don't see it making anyone competitive in RTS... scrolling around the screen and moving the cursor is still just too slow. Precision is quite good - which I expected, but speed isn't that great for long distance moves - which I also expected.

Still, it does look like it will be a superior option to a standard controller, but I wouldn't be able to say for sure on that until I actually get my own hands on it and see how it *feels* to use it, both in responsiveness and comfort.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Controller Demo Video

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived