This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New double-PC build :)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New double-PC build :)

User Info: Obtik

Obtik
3 years ago#1
Build 1:

Case: Tsunami Dream
Mobo: Biostar TA990FXE
CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHZ
GPU: 2GB HD7770
RAM: 16GB G.Skill @ 1600mhz
PSU: 530W
HDD: 1TB @ 7200RPM

Build 2 :

Case: Antec 1200
Mobo: Asus P9X79 Pro
CPU: Intel 4930k
GPU: Gigabyte 4GB 680
RAM: 16GB @ 1866Mhz
PSU: 900W
HDD: 1TB @ 7200RPM
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

I wanted a new build after not being happy with my 8350, but felt like it was a waste to sell it. So I bought a cheap power supply and GPU and set it up as a backup system. What sort of amazing things should I do with this setup? Streaming / overclocking / etc. Leave some suggestions :)

User Info: daveyman23

daveyman23
3 years ago#2
Get a better GPU All that power and just a 680?

Obtik
3 years ago#3
Yeah unfortunately. I've wanted the SLI setup since I got it, but I opted to go for the 2nd build rather than buying the 2nd GPU. Honestly, it was a similar price and I couldn't do both at the same time.

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#4
look in the bright side, you dont have the urge to go and make a third build. I am trying to keep myself from making a 3930k build and the only thing stopping me is my RX8
FX8350 oc'ed 4.6ghz asrock 990fx extreme9 8gigs ddr3 antec 750W 7970 sapphire http://imgur.com/DKxtZXP http://imgur.com/I9vdXTk MOAR POWER!!!!!

Obtik
3 years ago#5
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look in the bright side, you dont have the urge to go and make a third build. I am trying to keep myself from making a 3930k build and the only thing stopping me is my RX8

Lol!

Obtik
3 years ago#6
bump

User Info: ECOsvaldo

ECOsvaldo
3 years ago#7
What's your budget? Will the computer be used for more than gaming?
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH

Obtik
3 years ago#8
I've already bought those 2 builds. Question is what to do with them.

I'm wondering if I made a mistake choosing Windows 7 over Windows 8.

Obtik
3 years ago#9
bump. Windows 7 or 8?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#10
Nothing wrong with 7 if you already have it. If you're buying new I'd go with 8 but it's no biggie.

I'd also swap the ram around if you're wanting max total performance out of the systems as a pair, intel doesn't benefit much from faster ram while AMD does. You could always OC the ram in your 8350 build but it's not a huge difference either way.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New double-PC build :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived