This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's this boards general opinion on Saints Row 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's this boards general opinion on Saints Row 4?

User Info: The_AntiGrim

The_AntiGrim
3 years ago#1
Personally, I think it went full ******
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#2
Fun for 1 hour, boring after that.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
3 years ago#3
This is PCH, so they probably hate it since it's popular.

or havent played it cause it hasnt been 75% off yet

User Info: The_AntiGrim

The_AntiGrim
3 years ago#4
KaiRyusaki posted...

I hardly think it's popular. I've heard no one talk about it beyond a week after launch
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 years ago#5
It's a good game, because Saint's Row 3 was a good game.

Issues I have with it are that it's basically a huge clust of things we've seen before, in one form or another. It's a lot like the Superpower level from the..I think Trouble With Clones? DLC in SR3. It's the same map with a few alien entities thrown about, and it's permanently night time until you beat the game. Mechanically it's sound, but it's really scraping at the boarder of DLC/Expansion and $50 new game---Because IT WAS A DLC originally.

As someone who put like 70-80 hours into 100%'ing (and beyond) SR3, I got kind of tired of it not too long after beating it, and didn't have much desire to totally 100% it. It's fun and all, just not really "different" enough to draw me in the same way a completely new experience would.

The new unique weapons are probably the most entertaining bit. Especially if you pre-ordered (Or bought the DLC post-release).
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: UberLurker

UberLurker
3 years ago#6
To me it really felt like Saints Row 3 mixed with liberal quantities of Prototype. The jumping/gliding mechanics are pretty much lifted straight out of it, and considering how often you use them its hard to not feel the influence.

I enjoyed it for what it was and am left more or less satisfied.

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
3 years ago#7
Enjoying it more than GTA5 at the moment.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 years ago#8
KaiRyusaki posted...

this
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own

User Info: gamerdude555

gamerdude555
3 years ago#9
It's an expansion sold as a full retail game
gamers paradise

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
3 years ago#10
It's quite good and does shore up a number of 3's weaknesses but it has a couple problems of its own.

#1: They give you super powers too early. I can't help but think the game would've benefited quite a lot by making super speed and jump among the very last powers you acquire. As it is they kind of make vehicles pointless throughout the vast majority of the game.

#2: The perpetual night lowers the amount of environmental variety and uglies up the game for no particular reason whatsoever. There's no good reason for it to be there.

#3: Even on hard mode it's still way too easy. The enemies just really can not keep up with you. They're a bit stronger than 3's but you're way way stronger than you were in 3.

It's an expansion sold as a full retail game

The game's actually around 50% longer than 3 was. It reuses 3's map, sure, but 2 did the same with 1's.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's this boards general opinion on Saints Row 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived